Glueing Atak resin parts.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Glueing Atak resin parts.

Post by ronnie42 »

Made an MG ball out of 2 part Epoputty for my KT, when i glued the resin mg cover onto the Atak zimmermit it took ages to set. Whats the best glue for Atak zimmermit and resin / epoxy parts .
mg ball mount.
mg ball mount.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Glueing Atak resin parts.

Post by Soeren »

For the Atak stuff I used 5min Epoxy like they recommend. Sets quick enough. Edges were glued and reinforced with CA when needed.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Not sure l want to go there again, but Shoegoo would do a good job. Sticks to everything, fills gaps, resilient bond, easy to clean, dries in minutes and remains clear. All good model shops stock it, plus of course EBay. ;)

Also sold as E6000.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Thanks Have some Evostik serious glue ,and if thats no good better buy some 5min epoxy. Does the epoxy resin have a short shelf life once opened ? That might have been the problem.

Return to “General Questions”