IR compatibity

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: IR compatibity

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I will have a look at how it is held together. I can't recall any problems. A for the emitter, I used the ones recommended by wibblywobbly in his thread about making your own battle system. It is Tamiya compatible. I don't think it will still work with the WSN system, but have never tried. I also swapped over the IR receivers, though I kept them in the same place.

Edit : I have had a look. There were 6 screws holding it together. 2 are at the front on the angled plate roughly level with the volume control. There are 2 toward the rear roughly level with the end of the battery box. The other 2 are midway between.
IMG_20190425_165122_resized_20190425_045229985.jpg
Hopefully, you can see the screw holes.

I have had my T34 for some time. It is possible that the current model is different. When I converted mine, I gutted the inside and it is no longer possible to fit the screws, so the top just sits on.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: IR compatibity

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Thanks for your help. Given how cheap emitters and receivers are I'll get a few and try them out.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”