Challenger II Mato Metal Tracks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Challenger II Mato Metal Tracks

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Not real helpful-more of an observation, but I bet baby poo sticks to it :/ ...........why not, it sticks to everything else :problem:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Not real helpful-more of an observation, but I bet baby poo sticks to it :/ ...........why not, it sticks to everything else :problem:
Sound advise Herman :haha:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Not very helpful? I speak from years of experience in heavy duty RC racing. Shoegoo is massively used to fix all sorts if materials to each other where conventional hobby and DIY glues fail. It sticks silicone tube to metal and lexan to anything for example. Ignore at your peril :)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Not very helpful? I speak from years of experience in heavy duty RC racing. Shoegoo is massively used to fix all sorts if materials to each other where conventional hobby and DIY glues fail. It sticks silicone tube to metal and lexan to anything for example. Ignore at your peril :)

I think he meant baby poo not Shoogoo !!! :haha:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Ha ha! Yes, but he said Not very helpful before baby poo was mentioned. Ha ha! Ha ha! Tee he! LOL!

Has anyone else here tried the stuff? It should be in every modeller's tool chest.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
condorman994
Recruit

Post by condorman994 »

Have you tried using Locktite 480 it's black and designed for rubber to metal contact but make sure you clamp it together for good bonding
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Ha ha! Yes, but he said Not very helpful before baby poo was mentioned. Ha ha! Ha ha! Tee he! LOL!

Has anyone else here tried the stuff? It should be in every modeller's tool chest.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Never heard of it before but I will look into getting some soon :D
Navy chief
Recruit

Post by Navy chief »

jarndice wrote:As recently discussed on the Forum (Tips and Tricks),
Have you tried "PLASTI-DIP" ? available from your nearest Home Improvement Centre.

I have not. But after the $150 Dollar investment in these tracks, I will try anything. Thank you for your time and input.
Navy chief
Recruit

Post by Navy chief »

Black Knight wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:Not very helpful? I speak from years of experience in heavy duty RC racing. Shoegoo is massively used to fix all sorts if materials to each other where conventional hobby and DIY glues fail. It sticks silicone tube to metal and lexan to anything for example. Ignore at your peril :)

I think he meant baby poo not Shoegoo !!! :haha:

How about I feed a baby shoegoo, and use the results to afix the pads ? Up until now, baby poo has been more useful than these Mato tracks. :D
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Navy chief wrote:
Black Knight wrote:

I think he meant baby poo not Shoegoo !!! :haha:

How about I feed a baby shoegoo, and use the results to afix the pads ? Up until now, baby poo has been more useful than these Mato tracks. :D
:D Good plan Jack

Return to “General Questions”