Taigen recoil unit

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AshMann
Corporal

Taigen recoil unit

Post by AshMann »

Hello, does anyone know if its possible to switch the barrel on in a taigen recoil unit out with another barrel? I'm considering getting a taigen 75mm sherman turret for my M4A3 76 build and i plan on using the 76mm gun barrel sold by forgebear.
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HL: 2 M4A3 105s , Panther ausf G, M41
Taigen: Tiger 1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Taigen recoil unit

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The retainer part in the end of the barrel is generic across the Taigen range, so it’s the end of the particular barrel that may need modifications.
The Taigen bit is made in 2 halves that clamps to the end of the barrrl. You might have to get creative unless the new one has a similar style profile in the recoil end inside the turret
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

HERMAN BIX wrote:The retainer part in the end of the barrel is generic across the Taigen range, so it’s the end of the particular barrel that may need modifications.
The Taigen bit is made in 2 halves that clamps to the end of the barrrl. You might have to get creative unless the new one has a similar style profile in the recoil end inside the turret
The only things i have for reference are my tiger 1 late and a spare tiger 1 barrel i have, should i check both?
" ...use a gun. And if that don't work ...use more gun" - Engineer from Team Fortress 2
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Try google a picture of the Taigen unit . Look for the part that attaches the barrel to the recoil/elevation point. Has a large curved slot in it. That’s the big you need to secure a barrel onto the unit. If the new barrel is plain ended you may need to create a groove or similar profile in the end of it so the clamp has something to grip.
I’m on the road right now so can’t help. I’m at a rest stop but leaving now for another stint
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Try google a picture of the Taigen unit . Look for the part that attaches the barrel to the recoil/elevation point. Has a large curved slot in it. That’s the big you need to secure a barrel onto the unit. If the new barrel is plain ended you may need to create a groove or similar profile in the end of it so the clamp has something to grip.
I’m on the road right now so can’t help. I’m at a rest stop but leaving now for another stint
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Also post some pictures of the unit in question and the replacement barrel. This way we can all visualize your setup.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
AshMann
Corporal

Post by AshMann »

c.rainford73 wrote:Also post some pictures of the unit in question and the replacement barrel. This way we can all visualize your setup.
I don't have the stuff but I'll post what i can find

The gun barrel https://www.rctank.de/Sherman-cannon-76 ... oil-system

Not sure which version of the recoil unit the Taigen 75mm sherman uses so I'll post the links to the tiger 1 version and Panzer 3 version
https://www.rctank.de/Panzer-III-IV-gun ... pgrade-kit
https://www.rctank.de/Tiger-I-gun-actio ... gun-holder

Return to “General Questions”