Mato Stug III question - removable bits?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mic
Private

Mato Stug III question - removable bits?

Post by Mic »

Hey guys, I'm new to the land of RC and this forum, hopefully you don't mind a question or two!

Does anyone have a Mato Stug III? Basically I want to build my ultimate Stug, super detailed. I'm thinking of combining the Mato metal stug, with the Heng Long plastic upper Hull (Easier to work with plastic). Thing is, to buy all the Mato parts, minus the bare hull, the price is pretty much the same as buying the Mato stug outright. So I'm curious are the parts easily removable from the Mato hull? I know most are screwed on, but I'm wondering if the hatches are easily removed. Are they glued in but still open/close? My thinking is, buy the full metal stug. Remove the hatches etc off the hull, and use them in a conversion on the plastic Heng Long upper.

Hopefully one of you lovely folk have some experience :)

Thanks

Return to “General Questions”