What would YOU choose?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: What would YOU choose?

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I absolutely agree but we all knew about the problem months ago. Now you've relaxed a bit ( (;) ) l really hope you enjoy it. Most of us fans think its stunning - I'm sure you will too. Then start saving again for the panzer IV!

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Now that Gary is mollified, I would like to take a moment and drop a repetitive question back into the thread...Anyone located or have a print for a working barrel brace for this tank. The vehicle is such a well built machine that to _not_ have this detail item is like a beautiful painting missing the final brush strokes.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I wouldn't say mollified. I'm still rather disappointed. And you can't say we all knew about the switch situation months ago because I didn't know. I've looked through a lot of threads on the JS2 and I've never seen that mentioned anywhere. I was also not happy that they decided to attach the tow cables and leave them copper-colored. Getting those tow cables off without cracking or breaking that little tab is quite a task. One I was unsuccessful at. Either make them the proper color, or leave them unattached.

And I won't go into the paint because I fully expect to have to repaint any RTR tank that I buy. I just wish they would quit trying to weather the tanks. Either that, or get good at it. The mud on my js2 doesn't look like mud splattered on a tank, it looks like somebody flicked paint on it. But, like I said, I fully expected to have to repaint so that's not a big deal.

The good news is that my disappointment with the js2 means I'll be ordering a Panzer IV this week. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote:
The good news is that my disappointment with the js2 means I'll be ordering a Panzer IV this week. @)
Just for curiosity, do you know if they have fixed the old horrible suspension?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The suspension on the P4? The taigen suspension was always decent, in my opinion. Thanks a lot, Rad, now you've given me something else I have to research. Just kidding. @) @) :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote:The suspension on the P4? The taigen suspension was always decent, in my opinion. Thanks a lot, Rad, now you've given me something else I have to research. Just kidding. @) @) :haha:
Lol, I dont know, I had bad experiences with the metal taigen/asiatam suspension. There were a lot of people doing mods to it to correct the issues.

I just ended replacing the taigen parts with the tamiya ones. It was not cheap then, is crazy expensive now.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:The suspension on the P4? The taigen suspension was always decent, in my opinion. Thanks a lot, Rad, now you've given me something else I have to research. Just kidding. @) @) :haha:
Yeah, my Taigen panzer 4 metal suspension is too stiff and just rocks like a plastic Mato Sherman suspension. Just saying. . . .
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

If the suspension is stiff put some lead shot in . My vito van has very firm suspension , drives much better when its loaded up with camping gear. :D
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

ronnie42 wrote:If the suspension is stiff put some lead shot in . My vito van has very firm suspension , drives much better when its loaded up with camping gear. :D
l did just that with my Torro KV1 and it now wallows around just like the real thing. Just need a new back so l can lift it!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”