What would YOU choose?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: What would YOU choose?

Post by midlife306 »

Comet
The games console will destroy your life lol
I know as I’ve got that T-shirt
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Many thanks to Tom, Mick, Wayne, SHTV,Wardog, Jimster, Shaun, Painless, Carl, Lert and Gary (sounds like the register at the 'School for Scandal' :haha: ) It's always illuminating to compare views on the same issue, and then to form a sort of consensus..
In terms of the addictive risks of immersive video wargames, well I'm made of dour Scots stuff. I've given up fags, the wife, the house, the career, and much more over the years. :| I'm great at giving things up! So, nae bother, for now: I've got great lungs,
a part-time partner (best arrangement :haha: :shh: ); another hoose, and I got early retirement. So, as Alfred E. Newman used to say ('Mad' magazine) 'Wot me worry', or something like that.
The IS-2 just has that instant 'buy me', alluring look. A sly coquettish wink; but I can resist it. For now. :lolno:
But when I saw this beauty at Munster, I was smitten:
Still not absolutely settled; but nearly.
If you lot had three wishes (for similar objects of desire...excluding humanoids etc.,) What would they be? The three element wish-list? :think: :D
Do Tell!!

Edit: Earlier,like a numpty, I referred to the PS4 Pro as the PSP4 Pro. No, it wasn't to do with a dram, nor my age but with the notion of Play Station Pro 4 (with pro added). This time I can't blame the auto-corrector/spellchecker/interpretive texter that causes so many howlers.

edited to credit all contributors. How's that for inclusivity? :lolno: :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon, Roy,
I went with the Taigen\Torro IS-2. It is an amazingly fun tank. There are a couple of _tiny_ quibbles ( bouncy barrel and stone magnet road wheels ) but if there were nothing to do with the tanks we buy, we wouldn't all be modelers on this forum.
I'm a PC gamer so that takes me out of the running for the rest. The Comet is an amazing tank as built. You know I am saving dimes for a metal lower Churchill or Matilda. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Don't..Painless! The mention of the Matilda, reminded me of that astonishing build from Panzerjaeger. Isn't that project going to be available from Chris soon? Then again, he does the Churchill right now, and it's a great looking kit. The DKLM Churchill also has me drooling. :/
Must control this ever-growing wish-list, and prioritise. :problem: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote="
Must control this ever-growing wish-list, and prioritise. :problem: :haha:[/quote]

Your in the wrong hobby for that my old friend.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
STHV
Corporal

Post by STHV »

Oooh that's a tough one!

I'd love an AMX-13 SS.11, an E-100 or a Conqueror maybe even a Tortoise
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

The Comet will keep you out of mischief for weeks/months while you save for the JS 2. Equally, as others have said, Dave's not posting them due to the packing: it's not really fit for transit.

I've got a huge list of "wants", and most of the main bits to do a lot of them. So, if it's a wish list:

3d printer (metal powder)
Taigen Churchill Mk4
1/6 T60 (light tank) which will come after the printer & workshop!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

This is an easy one.
I'd like a Matilda.
Or a Matilda, or,
A Matilda :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tech-Com
Recruit

Post by Tech-Com »

Have you played War Thunder?
If you get a PS4 and want to enjoy some tank gaming send me a message.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just listen to the roar of that Rolls-Royce Meteor engine (de-tuned Merlin), in this neat little clip of the Comet A34 8O . This example is wearing, oddly enough, Finnish markings. :) They must have picked it up from the old Army & Navy stores, or some MOD tank boot sale. :D
This is like all the sweets in the sweetshop in one massive 'Lucky Bag' (non- UK members, and those under a certain age will not know what those were.. :lolno: )
phpBB [video]
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Tech-Com wrote:Have you played War Thunder?
If you get a PS4 and want to enjoy some tank gaming send me a message.
Nope, but when (not if-probably) I get a PS4 Pro, I certainly will do :D Online gaming is not that practical where I live..at the end of the World's telephone network :'( >:< . This is coming to you via copper cables
and whilst the Scottish Government is driving a project to get us all linked by Fibre, it hasn't reached my wee village yet. But, it does terminate on a telegraph pole (tantalisingly) about 200yds from my house...so far :/

Return to “General Questions”