What would YOU choose?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: What would YOU choose?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

For those wondering what Battlefield 1 might look like, here's a clip from the Battle of Cambrai option. It will look much more detailed on the PS4 Pro with a 4K TV (The Pro version supports 4K)
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey, Highlander, has the Comet shown up yet?

Since you passed on the JS-2 I suppose I should do a box opening video when mine gets here, just so you can see what you missed (for now, anyway, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you have a JS-2 parked next to the Comet). @) @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Hey, Highlander, has the Comet shown up yet?

Since you passed on the JS-2 I suppose I should do a box opening video when mine gets here, just so you can see what you missed (for now, anyway, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you have a JS-2 parked next to the Comet). @) @)
Ah..no..Gary. :| I emailed Christian a few days ago about my order (which is now more than one month old), and it seems that there's a delay- one that has to do with the firm that prints the wheels for him. :problem:
I'll post pics of the kit on a dedicated Comet thread, as- and when- the parts wing their way over from Germany. Hopefully, by the time they do arrive, they won't be subject to import duties. Given the progress of 'Brexit' (more like 'Br-re-entry' :crazy: ), that doesn't seem likely.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

My sympathies regarding the delay. My JS-2 order was about a year old before it arrived but hand deliver on the Christmas eve weekend more than made up for it. Even on a near perfect RTR there will always be personalisation jobs to be done but, l agree, an kit or scratch built task is more absorbing!

I look forward to your build thread. As for another box opening video..... It's a box! :haha:
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:My sympathies regarding the delay. My JS-2 order was about a year old before it arrived but hand deliver on the Christmas eve weekend more than made up for it. Even on a near perfect RTR there will always be personalisation jobs to be done but, l agree, an kit or scratch built task is more absorbing!

I look forward to your build thread. As for another box opening video..... It's a box! :haha:
So are you saying I shouldn't waste my time doing a video?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01

He He.. no, it always makes me laugh because so many vids are just that, opening the box, roughly panhandling each component out, usually very heavy handedly so you doubt their model making experience and that's it. Forget the box. Demonstrate the contents and your knowledge of it.

Actually, there has already been threads full of comment, photos and vids on the new IS-2 so its possibly already been said and done on this forum

But no, a good professionally done vid would be welcome.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, I got the JS2 but I'm not going to do a video. I am very, very disappointed with this tank. Overall it's not bad, but it has a couple of issues that I'm having a real hard time getting past. I already know I'll have to relocate the on-off switch. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to make it so that you can't turn the tank on or off unless the turret is turned sideways seriously deserves a good swift kick. And the clamshell lid, while a great idea, was very poorly executed. They simply slapped the hinge on the exterior of the rear and that just ain't gettin' it. If I can move the hinge to the inside it might be all right.

The bottom line is, if I had known then what I know now I would not have bought this tank. I knew I should have gone for the Panzer 4.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

If you look at the real ones they actually use the engine cover hinge for the whole tank. Quite clever really.

http://tank-photographs.s3-website-eu-w ... ussia.html
General Jumbo01

Well, l agree about the on/off switch position but it's a small job to correct and the rear hinge just needs a quick coat of Humbrol satin dark green 164 (perfect match BTW) and you'll never see it again, yet it's a useful feature to be able to quickly extract the pin to completely remove the top.

Is it just me or does everyone hope to find a little something to improve on their RTR purchases? We're modellers after all.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Now I see what you mean about the hinge and that makes it better. I think I was thrown because of the fact that they didn't paint the pin and that makes it look toy like. I agree that I can sometimes enjoy things that need to be fixed, but something as basic as turning the tank on and off isn't one of them. It's not a big deal, it just struck me wrong. For that kind of money I shouldn't have to fix something so basic.

Return to “General Questions”