Pantiger upper hull

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Pantiger upper hull

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

This really is rather interesting project, love how it has come out, top work that man!
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Tankdude
Recruit

Post by Tankdude »

Today I have been fitting all the tools and towing cables and bits, working out were they should go and drilled little holes for them. The parts are mostly all Tamiya King Tiger as I had a few sprues with various bits on, when I bought my Tamiya King Tiger ( in the background of some of these shots ) they were spares. Other bits are Heng Long Tiger I and Sherman bits.
All the bits will be removed then I will do some more hand finishing before I start painting. I think it needs some kind of " skirt " along the sides, I think Panthers had these fitted so I will do some searching to familiarise myself with how they looked.
I agree about the turret, if it had more slope it would look better, assuming you mean from the cupola forward, would be difficult to do at this stage but will look into it and see whats involved. Although it doesn't look wrong as is, it could look better. Thanks for the advice, and all the nice comments.
I have parked my Tamiya King Tiger next to the VK as a comparison, although the VK is sitting too high at the moment, it will get lower.
The King Tiger runs an IBU2 board which runs all the Tamiya functions, although the muzzle flash is a Taigen item, the sound is excellent out of the Tamiya speaker.
Tankdude
Recruit

Post by Tankdude »

I have started a new build thread on my project in the Heng long builds section.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29493&p=284539#p284539

Return to “General Questions”