Stug iii schurzen ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Stug iii schurzen ?

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Evening all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I may find a set of the metal schurzen like the one's in the pic below ? The metal set was advertised with 'tankzone' but they no longer have it in stock, I know tank modellbau list a set but it's made from styrene, I'm not too bothered about the armoured plates being made of styrene but I would prefer the fixing brackets made from metal for a bit of extra toughness :D if anyone knows for some or maybe somebody who custom makes the brackets I would be glad to know :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Stug iii schurzen ?

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Model Builder Why not try some brass strip and solder work. I could only find styrene track hangers for my KT, not interested in putting an order in for metal only to wait ages for them to appear. After a couple of mistakes while practicing it all worked out nicely.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hi Ronnie, I've looked at the brass strip but can only find it as narrow as 6.35mm, I would like it a bit narrower, any links to a brass supplier ?

Cheers, Lee.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hi Ronnie, I've looked at the brass strip but can only find it as narrow as 6.35mm, I would like it a bit narrower, any links to a brass supplier ?

Cheers, Lee.
I used strip on my super p and it was much thinner than that,

I think it was from here

http://www.hobbyholidays.co.uk/products.php?cat=67
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for the link Tom, I'll take a look at it mate :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Found some brass strips to make the schurzen brackets thanks to Tom :D next question is does anyone know where I may find some decent pictures of the brackets themselves for me to follow :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “General Questions”