Taigen KT Sprocket and idler

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Schultzy
Private

Taigen KT Sprocket and idler

Post by Schultzy »

Hi all, just a quick question before i accidentally break something!!!

My replacement sprockets and idlers for my HL KT have arrived but 2 things have come to mind before I attempt to fit them.

1. In relation to the idlers, they've come with their central pin fitted and separate longer ones are in the pack (see pictures below. The question here is, do they just need to be "tapped out"? there is not much length as you'll see and to me, it suggests that the ones on the packaging are the ones to be removed.

2. being a skater of old, when I spin the idlers pinching the central pin between my fingers, I can feel a 'grinding' resistance within the bearings. Given the scale this could be quite normal but when ever I had this before, it meant either over tightened or bearings were shot.

Anyhew, they arrived without instructions hence the question seeking sage advice!

Last edited by Schultzy on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schultzy
Private

Re: Taigen KT Sprocket and idler

Post by Schultzy »

Sorry, can I ask, what is the maximum size picture that can be added as have tried with epic fail results...

Many thanks.

**UPDATE** Worked it out! - also Master of the bleeding obvious!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I can't help you with the idler, but as for photos, I usually upload them to imgur first, then I just click on BB code and paste the photo in and it comes out like this

Hope that helps. 8) @) :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

Max-U52 wrote:I can't help you with the idler, but as for photos, I usually upload them to imgur first, then I just click on BB code and paste the photo in and it comes out like this

Hope that helps. 8) @) :haha:
It does thanks!!
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

I’ve just realised....’worked it out’ refers to posting pictures but not the idler!!!

Any gems of wisdom welcomed.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The axles fitted are for grub screw retained arms.
They go into a hole in a swing arm and a grub screw retains them.
The long axles are to have E-clips on the end after drilling right through the existing plastic arm , inserting the axle & idler assembly, and fitting the clip to the groove on the end inside the hull.
Hope this helps
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

It helps greatly! Many thanks Herman Bix.

Return to “General Questions”