Tamiya Tiger 1 56010 Metal Road Wheels?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
chef-bikes
Recruit

Tamiya Tiger 1 56010 Metal Road Wheels?

Post by chef-bikes »

Last time I had a bit of spare cash (it was a long time ago!), I bought Full Option Tamiya Tiger 1 to stash away as a future project. Inspired by some superb builds on here, I decided late variant would be the way to go, so I sold the kit early road wheels and tracks, replacing them with a set of Wechoe metal late road wheels and Impact late tracks. I also collected a number of other late specific Schumo parts.
So, a number of years have passed and I'm looking to start the Tiger build, but I have since changed my mind and I now want to build an early Tiger. In the intervening years, I see a number of other suppliers have come to the fore, Taigen, Heng Long etc. along with a large number of aftermarket parts, including metal road wheels for thier respective Tiger 1s.
The foregoing ramblings are building up to a simple question to which I've not been able to find the answer to - do the Taigen or Heng Long (or any other brands) metal road wheels directly fit the Tamiya Tiger 1?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tamiya Tiger 1 56010 Metal Road Wheels?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No

Not unless you are willing & able to get real creative.

Sorry :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

chef-bikes wrote:Last time I had a bit of spare cash (it was a long time ago!), I bought Full Option Tamiya Tiger 1 to stash away as a future project. Inspired by some superb builds on here, I decided late variant would be the way to go, so I sold the kit early road wheels and tracks, replacing them with a set of Wechoe metal late road wheels and Impact late tracks. I also collected a number of other late specific Schumo parts.
So, a number of years have passed and I'm looking to start the Tiger build, but I have since changed my mind and I now want to build an early Tiger. In the intervening years, I see a number of other suppliers have come to the fore, Taigen, Heng Long etc. along with a large number of aftermarket parts, including metal road wheels for thier respective Tiger 1s.
The foregoing ramblings are building up to a simple question to which I've not been able to find the answer to - do the Taigen or Heng Long (or any other brands) metal road wheels directly fit the Tamiya Tiger 1?

I can't help with metal wheels but I've a set of tamiya early wheels and also another set of unbuilt wheels and tyres if that helps at all
Muncheberg
Recruit

Post by Muncheberg »

I’m returning to the hobby after a decade absence. I remember WECOHE making late Tiger steel wheels, over ten years ago.. Looks like WECOHE no longer exists. Are there currently no late steel wheels being manufactured that will fit a Tamiya Tiger I?

I’m trying to find steel wheels that are compatible with the Tamiya torsion bar suspension arms. I already have Kenny Kong late ice cleat tracks that I bought 11 years ago.

How about sourcing a periscope cupola and turret top parts to make a late Tamiya Tiger? Anyone still make those?
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Henntec manufactures late Tiger 1 steel rollers.
After last year's flood, he is out of business.
https://www.henntec.de/produkte/laufwer ... mponenten/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Muncheberg wrote:I’m returning to the hobby after a decade absence. I remember WECOHE making late Tiger steel wheels, over ten years ago.. Looks like WECOHE no longer exists. Are there currently no late steel wheels being manufactured that will fit a Tamiya Tiger I?

I’m trying to find steel wheels that are compatible with the Tamiya torsion bar suspension arms. I already have Kenny Kong late ice cleat tracks that I bought 11 years ago.

How about sourcing a periscope cupola and turret top parts to make a late Tamiya Tiger? Anyone still make those?
Christian Ludwig can do some based on the taigen ones with rod to make the shafts thicker. You'll need to drill out your swing arms 0.5mm though but it's not a hard job
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Muncheberg wrote:I’m returning to the hobby after a decade absence. I remember WECOHE making late Tiger steel wheels, over ten years ago.. Looks like WECOHE no longer exists. Are there currently no late steel wheels being manufactured that will fit a Tamiya Tiger I?

Taigen make the cupola and the late turret roof bits. being in the U.S. as you are, IMEX in Florida is your very best friend !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Muncheberg
Recruit

Post by Muncheberg »

jhamm wrote:Henntec manufactures late Tiger 1 steel rollers.
After last year's flood, he is out of business.
https://www.henntec.de/produkte/laufwer ... mponenten/
I don’t recall Henntec from back in the day.. I see lots of talk about Henntec idler arm tensioners. I have Daryl Turner made spring loaded idler tensioners on my old Tiger. Was told that Daryl no longer makes tank parts and has gotten out of tanks for the most part..

The Henntec steel wheels,in the link above, look like they are made in a similar fashion to the stock Tamiya King Tiger wheels. That being a stamped aluminum wheel with plastic inserts. Maybe resin inserts on the Henntec. So, Henntec has ceased to exist?
Muncheberg
Recruit

Post by Muncheberg »

tomhugill wrote:

Christian Ludwig can do some based on the taigen ones with rod to make the shafts thicker. You'll need to drill out your swing arms 0.5mm though but it's not a hard job
Who is Christian Ludwig?
Muncheberg
Recruit

Post by Muncheberg »

HERMAN BIX wrote:

Taigen make the cupola and the late turret roof bits. being in the U.S. as you are, IMEX in Florida is your very best friend !
I’ve seen photos of the Taigen late Tiger. The cupola looks too tall.. As if they used the same part from a Panther G.

Return to “General Questions”