To advice for my diorama

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
desmo16
Private

To advice for my diorama

Post by desmo16 »

Hello everyone, could you recommend a cannon to be made 1/16 next to my tiger1 late version?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: To advice for my diorama

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I would go a quickly positioned PaK40.......if you can get one !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Best is Merit 15 cm howitzer - cheap and big - but too big for your diorama
Here is my one

http://rctank.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1925
Last edited by Lo_Thar on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

I found this kit ... easy to assemble? The instructions do not seem to me to be detailed.
https://www.ebay.it/itm/PaK-40-75mm-Ger ... SwVDZaDz0a
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

desmo16 wrote:I found this kit ... easy to assemble? The instructions do not seem to me to be detailed.
https://www.ebay.it/itm/PaK-40-75mm-Ger ... SwVDZaDz0a
I've been intrigued by these low cost paper card models that seems to build into nice static models. I wonder how the parts can be made so clean. I mean they look perfectly round, thick or flat..

Has anyone build one of these ?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Desmo, where are you? I have an stl file to 3D print a PAK 40. I suspect you're not in the US so it would cost too much for me to print it and mail it to you, but maybe someone over there can print it for you if I send you the files? I sent one of these kits to a friend in Colorado and he really did a great job on it. If you want I can see about getting some photos of his finished kit. Being a home-made kit it's not super detailed or anything, but it gives you a basic PAK 40 to start with that looks pretty good on anyone's battlefield. And it can be very, very cheap. If you have your own printer it takes about $3 worth of plastic to print this thing, if that. One day I'd like to see us all 3D printing stuff and sharing files for free. I don't think that's an unreasonable request though. If you think about it, 30 years ago very few people had computers in their home, and now pretty much everyone has one, and 30 years from now I really believe every home will have a 3D printer of some kind.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Max-U52 wrote: If you have your own printer it takes about $3 worth of plastic to print this thing, if that. One day I'd like to see us all 3D printing stuff and sharing files for free. I don't think that's an unreasonable request though.
You convinced me to getting a 3D printer ASAP, lol. That resin one you showed us is amazing.

I encourage you to upload the 3D file in the downloads section in this forum, so people can download it!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

Max-U52 wrote:Desmo, where are you? I have an stl file to 3D print a PAK 40. I suspect you're not in the US so it would cost too much for me to print it and mail it to you, but maybe someone over there can print it for you if I send you the files? I sent one of these kits to a friend in Colorado and he really did a great job on it. If you want I can see about getting some photos of his finished kit. Being a home-made kit it's not super detailed or anything, but it gives you a basic PAK 40 to start with that looks pretty good on anyone's battlefield. And it can be very, very cheap. If you have your own printer it takes about $3 worth of plastic to print this thing, if that. One day I'd like to see us all 3D printing stuff and sharing files for free. I don't think that's an unreasonable request though. If you think about it, 30 years ago very few people had computers in their home, and now pretty much everyone has one, and 30 years from now I really believe every home will have a 3D printer of some kind.
Hello, I live in Italy, I thank you for your help, very kind, but I prefer to take an assembly kit. Even if I have to stretch the 99% diorama I think I'll take this kit.

https://www.ebay.it/p/Merit-Kit-German- ... serReviews
desmo16
Private

Post by desmo16 »

Max-U52 wrote:Desmo, where are you? I have an stl file to 3D print a PAK 40. I suspect you're not in the US so it would cost too much for me to print it and mail it to you, but maybe someone over there can print it for you if I send you the files? I sent one of these kits to a friend in Colorado and he really did a great job on it. If you want I can see about getting some photos of his finished kit. Being a home-made kit it's not super detailed or anything, but it gives you a basic PAK 40 to start with that looks pretty good on anyone's battlefield. And it can be very, very cheap. If you have your own printer it takes about $3 worth of plastic to print this thing, if that. One day I'd like to see us all 3D printing stuff and sharing files for free. I don't think that's an unreasonable request though. If you think about it, 30 years ago very few people had computers in their home, and now pretty much everyone has one, and 30 years from now I really believe every home will have a 3D printer of some kind.
Hello, I live in Italy, I thank you for your help, very kind, but I prefer to take an assembly kit. Even if I have to stretch the 99% diorama I think I'll take this kit.

https://www.ebay.it/p/Merit-Kit-German- ... serReviews
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Good choice. The Merit kits are first rate, and I have the 15cm howitzer. One of these days I'll add the K-18.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Questions”