Tamiya Panzer IV recoil unit problem

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
rmar
Recruit

Tamiya Panzer IV recoil unit problem

Post by rmar »

I am in the middle of my second Tamiya tank build - the Panzer IV. I'm having a problem with the recoil unit that I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to attach the little white cup thing that attaches to the small brass knob on the recoil unit itself. My problem is the cup piece seems to be too long to attach to the knob. Has anyone built one of these models and have an idea?

Thanks
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tamiya Panzer IV recoil unit problem

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
If it is anything like the Tamiya Tiger 1 version, you can adjust the overall length of the arm with the 'cup' on it. Check to see if this holds true for your kit before breaking anything and blaming me ;o)
regards,
Painless

P.S. Pictures of your Build or the issue as you go along will be of immense help to anyone trying to assist you
...Here for the Dawn...
rmar
Recruit

Post by rmar »

I have tried to screw the wire into the cup piece further until it breaks through the inside of the cup but it is still too long. I just tried to add a picture of the instruction sheet but it locks up the page and I can't do anything. Thanks anyway for your help !!
rmar
Recruit

Post by rmar »

I have also sent an Email to Tamiya but they have not responded.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I know this sounds silly, but have you installed something backwards or possibly mixed a part? I did that to my tamiya King Tiger and was about to have a fit until I realized my fitment was incorrect. If you can post up some photos of the issue it maybe easier ...... how about a quick video that you can post up a link on the forum and we can open and review it. :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
rmar
Recruit

Post by rmar »

Thanks for your reply - I think I figured out my problem. The instructions say when the recoil unit is installed the barrel is in the recoiled position. Then when I looked at the instructions again I realized that I was trying to install the part in the wrong direction. When I corrected the direction it matched up. Thanks again for your input - this is a very big DUH on me !!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Excellent news my friend. Glad its sorted :clap: I've been there too... No fun and then frustrating. :lolno:
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “General Questions”