Transmitter for RC tank

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
LoVF
Recruit

Transmitter for RC tank

Post by LoVF »

I am a new comer, just planning about making my own RC tank, but I dont know which transmitter is suitable

My tank have 2 motor with track, rotatable turret which can lift and lower the gun and a servo to shot
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Transmitter for RC tank

Post by jarndice »

We would really like to know a bit about you first such as where in the world are you,
We have a worldwide membership so we are better able to direct you to the nearest dealers and clubs if we know where you are,
What first brought you into the RCTANK World, How many if any Tanks do you have ?
That kind of stuff and then we can get on with helping you sort out your problems.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
LoVF
Recruit

Post by LoVF »

jarndice wrote:We would really like to know a bit about you first such as where in the world are you,
We have a worldwide membership so we are better able to direct you to the nearest dealers and clubs if we know where you are,
What first brought you into the RCTANK World, How many if any Tanks do you have ?
That kind of stuff and then we can get on with helping you sort out your problems.
I come from Viet Nam, which dont has much store, online store, almost transmitter I found was second-hand from online market :)

Plus: Warship and tank game seem to be attractive to me, but I dont have much space for enjoying ship, and tank is more affordable. Having no tank at present even non RC and I am plan to make more, from self designed to WW2 tank
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Welcome! Nice to see the hobby even gathering interest in viet nam! Your English is pretty good. I can't help you with what you're asking, but I hope you can find the answer here.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
LoVF
Recruit

Post by LoVF »

Lert wrote:Welcome! Nice to see the hobby even gathering interest in viet nam! Your English is pretty good. I can't help you with what you're asking, but I hope you can find the answer here.
Thank bro, In Viet Nam, people who have this hobby likely prefer car, copter, aeroplane to tank. So it a really hard challenge for me, my father doesnt know much, so I do it my self.

And my question is: what is channel( I think it control one motor, reverse DC);
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

LoVF wrote:And my question is: what is channel( I think it control one motor, reverse DC);
A 'channel' is basically an axis of operation. If a remote has two sticks that can each move in two direction (left-right, up-down) that's 4 channels right there. Remotes with more channels often have additional buttons for controlling things.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

You can get special throttle / steering mini processors that plug into ch 1 & 2 sockets on your receiver and your two motor ESCs which allows you to drive on one stick but the cheapest solution may be to use a HengLong transmitter and receiver multi function unit as that will allow you to control all your tank's functions plus provide sound - you'll need a small speaker for that. Go onto e-bay and shop around for a bargain. Ver3 or ver5.3 will do the job. A set of cables would be useful too.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”