HL Tiger 1, I broke my gun elevation in 3 days, help!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Lert
Sergeant

Re: HL Tiger 1, I broke my gun elevation in 3 days, help!

Post by Lert »

Glad you got it solved!
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

Sounds to me like electronics related after all. I have experience with HL electronics losing some functions while everything else works.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Jim Reeves
Recruit

Post by Jim Reeves »

It does doesn't it? Seems odd that it would happen exactly when I drove the gun into the couch.

I expect it would be impossible to fit the alternative elevation unit inside the turret of the Tiger, so I'm guessing that the latest versions have to use the older design. It seems to work just fine as is.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh no, you used a bad word, totally unacceptable on this forum, you better not let that trigger happy Herman see it 8O

I'm sorry, but nothing is "impossible" not on this forum ;)

I'm wondering if you dislodged a connection when you hit the sofa, it is possible a connection was poorly assembled at the factory and was a problem waiting to happened :think:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:I'm wondering if you dislodged a connection when you hit the sofa, it is possible a connection was poorly assembled at the factory and was a problem waiting to happened :think:
Not really. That motor just has two wires and the polarity is reversed to let it go the other way. In other words, the signals for both directions come through the same connections.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Oh yeah, good point Mr Lert :{

Seasons Greetings.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Questions”