New heng long Tiger 3818

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
gcav17
Recruit

Re: New heng long Tiger 3818

Post by gcav17 »

And how to break track

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Tiger is fixed.
Broke track. Then removed two roadwhheels. Removed the faulty idler. There was some metal or something freezing it up on the axle/screw. Lubed it a little. And she spun freely. Re assembled and put it all back together. And it ran just fine.
I haven't broken track in 25 years. I will take this over the real thing any day!

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yeah mate, the Tiger 1 tracks can be difficult at times to break.
Especially after they are painted & pigmented !
The idler issue is the standard issue problem with H/L Tiger 1's, seems to be a factory installed hassle :/
The Taigen ones have a brilliant tensioner system in them, shame they all dont.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

LOL, after all that. I now remember foxtrotraptor had a similar problem with his tiger 1, his idler worked fine while the tank was up on a block, but wouldn't turn whilst on the tracks, he went to show his dad and the problem mysteriously cleared.

Have to mark foreign bodies to the repair list.
They probably don't have air guns, so employ blind kids to blow them out to save on eye protectors.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Is there any way to reduce the overexagerated gun firing and increase the sound? I find it tad bit annoying..

Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

gcav17 wrote:Is there any way to reduce the overexagerated gun firing and increase the sound? I find it tad bit annoying..
There is, but it requires replacement electronics and a new speaker. Gonna be expensive.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If you can find one, Kevin at RC tanks Australia makes a little board that will disable the track recoil. They're only about $20 but very hard to find.

As for the sound, you're pretty much stuck with what you have unless you replace your main control board.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

This is the functionality and sound that replacing your Heng Long electronics with Clark electronics gets you:

phpBB [video]
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And these two have an IBU and an Asp. The voices and music are provided by the Asp, in the tank that doesn't move, and the IBU is in the gray one that drives away. Aftermarket boards provide a huge leap forward in sound and functionality, but they can be rather frustrating for the newbie. I've been at it more than five year now and I'm still a newbie when it comes to electronics. You can solder, correct? I think the closest you can get for plug and play is the IBU, and the clark requires a bit of re-wiring, and you need a special TV remote control to program and make changes to things like reload time, whether the tank is IR or airsoft, etc. The Asp can use a four or six channel radio, but for full access to all its features you need at least a 7 channel radio. But then, the more channels the better, right? I use a flysky i10 with my Jagdtiger so the extra channels let me do stuff like a servo operated movable machine gun, and volume control for both sound channels from the radio.

phpBB [video]

If anyone has a video of an elmod in a Tiger I think we've covered the major players when it comes to controls. Oh yeah, the TCB (Tank Control Board). AKA the Open Panzer Project. That's the newest board to appear and it has some major capabilities, but it's not really for the newbie. You need at least a decent grasp of RC because you have to provide your own motor controllers (ESC) as well as a sound system.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
gcav17
Recruit

Post by gcav17 »

Thanks for all your help and input. I have been I'll for awhile so I have not been very active.
I did break one of my metal track shoes on a rock or something when it was probably to old outside. Won't do that again. I am curious where I can find extra shoes and pins. And a removal tool if there is one. Removing pins from metal tracks is not exactly easy.

Return to “General Questions”