Pics of Taigen Panzer 111 quick release-

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Pics of Taigen Panzer 111 quick release-

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Does anyone have any detailed photos of the spring- loaded quick release mechanism for the Taigen Panzer 111? If you happen to have the model, maybe you could take a couple of shots and post them here. :thumbup: It's not the most intuitive of arrangements, it has to be said, and involves using a screwdriver to press in two release levers located in slots to the rear of the lower hull..
The bits arrive in a packet and, I can only find three return springs; where one possible arrangement suggests there should be four. :think:
Cheers!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Pics of Taigen Panzer 111 quick release-

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hmmm.. well, should add that this relates to the wee bag of bits that comes with the 'metal' lower hull (ABS and alloy) from Taigen you buy when you want to assemble your own. I bought the hull for a StuG 3 build, but now have an upper hull for the Tauchpanzer from HL to fit it. There's a chance, of course, that the Taigen upper hull might have different plastic lugs, or captive screw, holes from the Taigen upper, and that's why I need interior shots. Do p[ost them, if you have them :thumbup:
Just to add to the mix, I see that Taigentanks have now released a 'Metal' Panzer 111 (very tasty) which sports what must be a revised latching system. perhaps that's because they had feedback on the one I have.. :think:
This is what the revised locking/latching lower part looks like:
Taigen 'Metal' ed Pz 111 with V2 electronics...
Taigen 'Metal' ed Pz 111 with V2 electronics...
Taigen Panzer 111 Metal ed with V2 electronics.jpg (78.51 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good thread subject..........I would be sublimely overjoyed with just the ability to purchase the release system as a stand alone.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This is what the hull looks like, when you buy it for an upgrade from the plastic version, or for a home built project. You can see the latch mechanisms on the right. In the description, though, it states that the hull is suitable for the 'Metal' edition. However, there's no evidence of the sliding plate latching system here, we see in the new version above. I'd wondered, in fact, whether the latch setup supplied with the hull is actually incomplete, and this is the reason why it's so unintuitive to fit....but I think the answer is that it is complete. Well, there's always the magnet option. ;)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Good thread subject..........I would be sublimely overjoyed with just the ability to purchase the release system as a stand alone.
Thanks, HB!. I'm sure I can rig up some sort of locking mechanism with the parts supplied, but if I were the vendor, I'd provide some sort of instructions with it, even if a translator's needed :D .
Otherwise, as I'm noted elsewhere, it's one of the best offerings out there from Taigen. I can't even see any obvious detail inaccuracies but- I'm sure somebody will. :lolno:
The full locking system would be very handy, and while the Tiger 1 type has been around for yonks as a spares option, I couldn't find the Pz III one listed on their catalogue. :problem:
Perhaps Dave the Dependable could get his hands on them :think:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's a pic I managed to get from a screen grab from the downloadable Taigen manual. It shows some of the orientation of the upper hull fittings; but it's a tad blurry (and I know that feeling :D ). Still, it gives an idea of where some bits should go.
If anyone has a better pic, it would be welcome-
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The late StuG III I did for a friend had that system. I assumed it was an Asiatam system not necessarily a Taigen one.
Its a royal piss-fart to get these ones right and easy to use, not good at all with Schurzen.
The Taigen later version with the release underneath the rear are the best I reckon.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

That's pretty much what I imagined, HB. Erik from Taigentanks posted a video of himself opening the Metal ed. Pz 111, and it was clear that even he was having difficulties using the 'required' screwdriver to get the thing open. Perhaps that's what spurred on the need for a revision.
Here's the older system that still comes with the new hull when bought as an extra:
phpBB [video]

A great guy, who knows his products
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

Panz 4_zps3wa8cn6k.jpg
Panz 4_zps3wa8cn6k.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
Panz 4_zps3wa8cn6k.jpg
Panz 4_zps3wa8cn6k.jpg
Attachments
Panz 2_zpsscbo3cc8.jpg
Panz 2_zpsscbo3cc8.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
Panz 3_zpsqpe4fatl.jpg
Panz 3_zpsqpe4fatl.jpg (47.56 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Many thanks, Dave, that's just what the doctor ordered :thumbup: Very clear.

Return to “General Questions”