Panzer 4 Turret Box.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Panzer 4 Turret Box.

Post by jarndice »

Has anyone tackled the removal of the plastic PZ4 Turret Box from the Heng Long model and fitted the Working Metal Replacement (Thanks Dave it arrived today along with the other parts in perfect order as always) and is there any hints and tips they can offer?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ragnar
Corporal

Re: Panzer 4 Turret Box.

Post by Ragnar »

Come’on fellers,inquiring minds wanta know! :haha:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

jarndice wrote:Has anyone tackled the removal of the plastic PZ4 Turret Box from the Heng Long model and fitted the Working Metal Replacement (Thanks Dave it arrived today along with the other parts in perfect order as always) and is there any hints and tips they can offer?
Posted to our sister forum in the U.S and was told that some of the elevation gear for the main gun is occupying the the storage bin, finally had the brilliant idea of swinging open the side turret hatch’s on my PzIII an taking a peek with a flashlight. Sure as shooting it was correct, the storage bin is oversized for this reason though I’ve seen pictures of the metal bin fitted so it can be done.hust can’t say what all it entails. Not the best pictures but here’s as close as I could come.
Hopefully someone who has actually mounted the metal bin will chime in here!ImageImageImageb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Panzer OOPS Ragnar, I read your plea on my behalf and Tanques reply, :thumbup:
I feared that would be so but at least I have an idea of what I am up against, And at least the replacement Turret Box has a working lid so perhaps I can work a little leeway into the fit,
Yet again thank you.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Also if you are a rivet counter, the Heng Long PIV basket is wrong. It should be smaller... In the PIII is fine, but not in the PIV
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

It depends on what you have in your turret. If its IR then theres no problem. Have installed the metal bin on one of my IV's and replaced another with a more accurate one on another.

If you are keeping the BB unit, then I have no clue.

Return to “General Questions”