Heng long Challenger MZ or MS

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Soup
Recruit

Heng long Challenger MZ or MS

Post by Soup »

Looking about the web at the Heng Long Challenger II (AFAIK only HL do a ChallengerII ).
Seems there are many 'versions' of this tank from the P (standard) via the pro versions Z, S, MZ to an MS (pro)

P has plastic gears
Z has zinc alloy gears
S steel ones

Whilst M denotes metal idler wheels and tracks.

In pictures etc it looks like most places will supply an MZ (I think) , is there anyone who will supply the MS version and how would I tell.

I assume a steel gear will take more than a Zinc alloy one .

Are Nitrotek as bad to deal with as everyone says?
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: Heng long Challenger MZ or MS

Post by Marco Peter »

happytank wrote:I mean nitrotek
I think he does as well - autocorrect maybe?
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
IV(AC)
Recruit

Post by IV(AC) »

Are Nitrotek as bad to deal with as everyone says?
YES,GOD don't order from them, they are a nightmare and ship you faulty ex customer returns.
i ended up having to do a PayPal chargeback.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT be taken in by their pricing. its a TRAP!
You can't call them, only communication is via their online helpdesk, even Paypal couldn't speak to them!

Use Andrew at Haya UK or ForgeBear...

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25437 My challenger build/update
Steve
Last edited by IV(AC) on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soup
Recruit

Post by Soup »

WARNING :- NO TANK CONTENT AT ALL
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Therefore, it is down to the sender to sort out any problems and make sure you're not out of pocket etc. Also they are the ones that will be seeking compensation from the courier company if it gets lost or damaged in transit.
Part of the reason I like to get things delivered rather than take them home in the car. If I crash, lost/broken new thing is down to me, if the courier crashes, then the lost/broken new thing is down to them. The most dangerous part for any item is it being transported, makes sense to let someone else be responsible for getting it to your house. Really is a no brainer with places that offer free delivery.
Sure a new 40" telly will fit in the car but let the companies van take the strain (and the responsibility).
OK it may be a couple of days till they can get round to delivering your item but seldom is the need so great that you need 'it' today not in three days time.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dave at
www.forgebeartanks.com
Has one Challenger 11 left in stock at £170 plus postage it is all plastic BUT in my opinion if you are into upgrades this is probably the best of all the Heng Long versions of the Challenger 11,
www.rctank.de
Have a Challenger 11 for sale at 300 Euros plus post, this is all metal although it does not say the gearboxes are steel it just says Metal gearboxes so they are probably pot metal but it does have metal tracks, idlers , sprockets and wheels.
Both Dave and Dom are top dealers and you can absolutely trust them with your hard earned,
Like everyone else says AVOID Nitrotek and Tankzone.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”