TAMIYA M1A2 displaymodel motorrizing

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

TAMIYA M1A2 displaymodel motorrizing

Post by kintaroukinji »

Please tell me if anyone has any information.
Have you successfully installed the track drive gearbox that can be used for HengLong on the lower hull of TAMIYA 1 / 16th M1A2 displaymodel? If there is an example that succeeded, please tell me how to install it. I want to make this TAMIYA displaymodel inexpensive, motorized, radio controlled.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: TAMIYA M1A2 displaymodel motorrizing

Post by BarryC »

Greetings,

I am not aware of anyone here that has posted about powering up the display version. I am quite certain it can be accomplished and at some point in the distant future I will do just what you are asking about. I have a display kit as well and plan on using the running gear to create a M1 Abrams Breacher Vehicle (ABV), at least that is the plan. :D

There are a number of different Gear Boxes available Heng Long, Mato of Taigen and others and with a little engineering on your part you should be able to fit one of them.
What experience do you have with RC Tanks?

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thanks for the reply. I detailed the HengLong Tiger II, ShermanM4A3, T-90 , and Torro Tiger II . In addition, I installed the Beier USM-HL 2 sound board to improve sound, convert the barrel BB spec to servo recoil, and increased various LED output. I am planning to get Tamiya M1A2 displaymodel from now. I wanted to know whether there was a successful example in which the axle of the driving gearbox for HengLong could be set in the center of the sprocket wheel in the lower hull of this model without major remodeling and without any problem on the strength.

kintaroukinji
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

I believe carson at DKLM
Is in the process or completed a pair of gearboxes for the display version
Of the tamiya m1
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

kintaroukinji wrote:Thanks for the reply. I detailed the HengLong Tiger II, ShermanM4A3, T-90 , and Torro Tiger II . In addition, I installed the Beier USM-HL 2 sound board to improve sound, convert the barrel BB spec to servo recoil, and increased various LED output. I am planning to get Tamiya M1A2 displaymodel from now. I wanted to know whether there was a successful example in which the axle of the driving gearbox for HengLong could be set in the center of the sprocket wheel in the lower hull of this model without major remodeling and without any problem on the strength.

kintaroukinji
Sounds as if you have plenty of experience so fitting gear boxes should not be a big problem. I have a set of plastic gear boxes I removed from my Heng Long M1A2 that you can have for shipping cost only. You could use them to work out the engineering before investing in an upgraded set.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

[quote][/quote]
I believe carson at DKLM
Is in the process or completed a pair of gearboxes for the display version
Of the tamiya m1
by mcevoyi

Thank you for reply.
Indeed, you can successfully set this lower hull with the DKLM gear. The DKLM differential gear may have the same structure as the TAMIYA gear. However, since this gear is quite expensive, I am worried that the total cost will be the same as the TAMIYA full operation kit, including the controller etc.

Return to “General Questions”