e-mail for Axel's

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: e-mail for Axel's

Post by Soeren »

And that is what made me stop buying from such vendors. Even when they have the lowest price, the unique options or whatever. You only realize what real customer orientation is when you have a return properly processed, a special question answered without bothering you etc.
But if this is not possible, even the best price in town is not worth it. At least for me.
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Vendors like that are a definite no-go for me.

Tried ordering some custom stickers for rc cars in Canada. CAD 14.- in stickers. CAD 35.- shipping.... 8O WHAT?? Are You completely out of your grubby little minds??? :eh: no buy, sorry, but not sorry. And don’t come complaining “life is so hard as a little seller”

As a contrast, whatever one may think of the US, I ordered some expensive, but small items in the US at aMain and Tower. They didn’t faff around, plopped it in a padded envelope, and sent it to the EU for the round cost of $2.50 in stamps. Added advantage: though it was waaay above the ‘free from customs, handling and import’ limit, customs even hadn’t taken a second look.

Dear sellers (and especially the fleecing fleabay ones) Thàt’s how customer service looks!

Bottom line. I wouldn’t be surprised if ordering small stuff in the US is actually cheaper than in the much more nearby EU.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

One note about sending and costs. To my knowledge the vendor is responsible for the ordere stuff getting to the customer. So if it is lost on the way and gone. He has to send a second one out again. Thus they might prefer tracked shipping. But by the method of it the assurance costs are transferred to the customer.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

The problem only to refer to Axel is wrong!
This is not a big company with hundreds of busy people......
He does this business with two People!
What do you think how much time is there to organize any extra tours?
To dgsselkirk he even offered to ship via envelope....
On the postage costs, he has no influence, which determines by deutsche Post/DHL.
Deutsche Post is the only one that offers this type of shipping internationally for a lot of money and horrible service....

Here are two examples:
I order some Parts from DKLMRC and have to pay arround $ 50 for shipping ...
or if I order two small pieces from Forgebear => Shipping - Airmail (Non Tracked Royal Mail) costs £ 8.89 = 10,20€
The shipping costs are determined by shipping service!

The solution is very simple:
buy regionally or pay the required shipping costs
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Not strictly true as I can order from other German based suppliers and pay lower shipping charges.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Morning all, another seller which I have been put off using for small items is Asiatam, for instance I was looking for a few small detail parts for my h/l blitz truck conversion that I could not find from any other seller :( , the parts came in at around 10€ and the default shipping which was for Germany was 3€, as soon as I changed it to UK shipping it went to 19.64€ , nearly double the cost of the items :thumbdown: there are some really nice items on there but unfortunately it doesn't make sense unless you are placing a large order. I'm sure a lot more people would use seller's like this if shipping were more reasonable ( I know I would ) which would increase their sales quite substantially In my opinion .

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Roast duck - roast rabbit . :crazy:
The dealer chooses the shipping service and you have to pay or leave it.
Are the shipping costs the problem?
Then you have to choose a different hobby => collect stamps ;D ;D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

It's not the case of roast duck or roast rabbit, it's a case of reasonable or as Herman gracefully put it PISS TAKE, it's the point that some sellers appreciate their customers who in small ways help keep them in business and other's who couldn't give a rat's arse,

Cheers, Lee.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hi Lee,
ASIATAM only ship with DHL.
This is the pricing:
DHL.jpg
DHL.jpg (68.73 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Within Germany the cost is the half of international shipping.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I just put a 3€ Item on there in my cart to see what the postage would be and it was 19.64€ for the shipping to the UK :thumbdown: in my opinion,

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “General Questions”