e-mail for Axel's

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: e-mail for Axel's

Post by jhamm »

But that's not really true ...
If you have a small business but you are not close to a big city then you have no choice ...
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Ok ,thank you for your opinions and views jhamm,

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

tomhugill wrote:Do you have my info on the mail forwarding company?

The forwarding company I used was https://www.mailboxde.com/ and even with the domestic shipping to them and their handling charge it was a fraction of the cost of Axel's international rate. I seem to remember it took about a week and a half to Australia.

I can't accept that what Axel quotes is the going rate when other German suppliers like RCTank.de can send things for much cheaper. My guess is Axel has a shipping company he is happy with for domestic post and he has no real interest in the international market which is a real shame for most of us as he has a great range of detail parts.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

B_Man wrote:

The forwarding company I used was https://www.mailboxde.com/ and even with the domestic shipping to them and their handling charge it was a fraction of the cost of Axel's international rate. I seem to remember it took about a week and a half to Australia.

I can't accept that what Axel quotes is the going rate when other German suppliers like RCTank.de can send things for much cheaper. My guess is Axel has a shipping company he is happy with for domestic post and he has no real interest in the international market which is a real shame for most of us as he has a great range of detail parts.
Thank you sir, looks like their prices are pretty much in line for the UK price he was charging, ho him
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

B_Man wrote:
My guess is Axel has a shipping company he is happy with for domestic post and he has no real interest in the international market which is a real shame for most of us as he has a great range of detail parts.
Axel ship with DPD.
From DPD pricelist:
DPD Shipping within Gernany is 3,70€
DPD Shipping from Germany to the Netherlands is 9,90€
DPD Shipping from Germany to GB is 12,90€
Australia is not listed..
The DPD scale for shipping outside Germany is already considerable
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

It is not so much that any of the German dealers are over charging. It is their selection of carrier and options. Once you upgrade to air and signature the price jumps a lot. And of course it is their choice to do that rather than risk sending without tracking and slow boat. But it would be nice if they gave the customer the option. In 5 years of buying and selling I have given my customers the choice of the cheapest with no tracking surface no signature shipping with the caveat that it is their risk if the package fails to arrive. Or they can pick the air, tracking option for usually 3 times more. Guess which one everyone picks! LOL! In 5 years I have only had ONE small packet go missing so it cost me $10 bucks...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

dgsselkirk wrote:It is not so much that any of the German dealers are over charging. It is their selection of carrier and options. Once you upgrade to air and signature the price jumps a lot. And of course it is their choice to do that rather than risk sending without tracking and slow boat. But it would be nice if they gave the customer the option. In 5 years of buying and selling I have given my customers the choice of the cheapest with no tracking surface no signature shipping with the caveat that it is their risk if the package fails to arrive. Or they can pick the air, tracking option for usually 3 times more. Guess which one everyone picks! LOL! In 5 years I have only had ONE small packet go missing so it cost me $10 bucks...
As much as I know, the vendor is ALWAYS at risk. He is responsible for the goods to reach the customer. Even when sending with a no tracking option. At least in Germany. So only offering tracked and insured shipping is the only option of the vendor to actually not have to be at risk in that regard.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Timely thread. Looks like DHL lost a package Axel sent me. Been sitting in Frankfurt for over a month.
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi everyone,
quite a discussion we have here. :crazy:

Well, as for my 14 euro machine gun from Axels, the postage to Australia comes under the section; zone 6: rest of the world.
The minimum is 50 euro. As I said previously, ridiculous !
So, as German postage is so expensive to my part of the world, and I don't live on Mars, I decided to buy a similar quality part, along with several other parts, from another German retailer. :shifty:
Alas, I was up for 8.90 euro postage. Much better. :)

Seems to me that some retailers just do not want international business. :thumbdown:

Cheers
Steve
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee