NOT IMPRESSED

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
MARK 7
Recruit

NOT IMPRESSED

Post by MARK 7 »

First proper blast with my heng long tiger today, had the tank about 3 weeks now, replaced the smoke unit, RX board, & now the recoil fundtion has stopped working, what a pile of junk ! trouble is I don't give up, but now I'm spending more money than what I paid for the wholetank package, £90, not a lot of money to some people but for christ's sake, expect it to have a longer lifespan of 3 hours, that's about the actual usage time I've had with it, what do i do now upgrade with metal tracks/sprockets/gearbox & on & on & on, 14 day warantee ! seller must have been s******g himself !!!!!
MARK 7
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: NOT IMPRESSED

Post by wibblywobbly »

The smoke units have a habit of malfunctioning, especially if they are allowed to run dry or are overfilled. The first thing I do with any HL tank I buy is remove it. There are better quality aftermarket ones, the Tarr smoker being popular.

RX18's usually last pretty well, and take a fair bit of abuse. The one thing that will kill them is overloading them as it generates high amps that the board can't cope with. If the tracks jam stop the tank straight away and clear the blockage, stones will jam them, hit the throttle and the board will blow. The Tiger has a habit of pulling them up into the idler or the sprocket.

The recoil runs off the RX18, so check for loose wires, the plugs can bounce loose.

I've got RX18's that I have had for years, if they aren't abused they are pretty reliable.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Wasnt there a standard two year warranty all over Europe? At least in Germany, independent of manufacturer warranty, each dealer is responsible for two years for defects in a product. Maybe you just give him a call. No responsible buisness is interested in unhappy customers.
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

Soeren wrote:Wasnt there a standard two year warranty all over Europe? At least in Germany, independent of manufacturer warranty, each dealer is responsible for two years for defects in a product. Maybe you just give him a call. No responsible buisness is interested in unhappy customers.
I agree,

Despite what a dealer may say on his website, he is still bound by law.. He can tell you he will only warranty something for 5 days, but that don't hold water.. He is bound by the laws in his/her country.. Dealers try to pull that crap here in the U.S. all the time.. They hate it when you know your rights.. Pisses them off..
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Interesting. I thought that was changed to be similar to all over Europe. In Germany, whenever you buy goods by mail, you are allowed to send it back within 14 days without giving any reason. The idea behind it, you were not able to get hands on the good like in a store. Then you have the 2 year warranty for the good being free of manufacturing defects. During six months it is the vendor to proof you are wrong. For the remaining 18 months you would have to prove this. On top of that goes the manufacturer warranty.
Still, it is a good idea to contact the vendor.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

This is the official UK position https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds Some replacement rights last for 12 months, though the burden of proof changes during that period.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Almost everything today is made to fit a price point, thats why a whole industry has evolve around upgrading Henglong etc . Could say a basic Henglong tank is a disposable toy, wonder what the costing is to manufacture one.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

I bought a heng long Tiger 1 just to conclude 1 year later that I should have bought a heap of Taigen spares and put one together myself. Which I did in fact. HL Tiger is good in the sense that it makes people understand if the hobby is for them or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

RenoirLV wrote:I bought a heng long Tiger 1 just to conclude 1 year later that I should have bought a heap of Taigen spares and put one together myself. Which I did in fact. HL Tiger is good in the sense that it makes people understand if the hobby is for them or not Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We do generally give this advise when some ones starting out!!
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

I remember, we had a hobby shop here in Idaho that tried to pull some crap several years ago..

They had an unwritten policy, that once an item left the store, you have no choice but to deal with the manufacturer of the product..

They offered no returns or exchanges at all.. Not only did his name get around town not to do business with him.. But after several complaints to the state, they shut his ass down.. He wasn't in business very long..

Oh well.. Tough for him.. Screw your customers, and you get what you deserve.. No sympathy here..
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..

Return to “General Questions”