What does it mean when my tank beeps?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jnewboy
Sergeant

What does it mean when my tank beeps?

Post by Jnewboy »

Hey guys I bought a used Panther from heng long a couple years ago test it out then seemed to work fine. I tried it today as I'm doing some custom work on it and nothing so I thought okay maybe it's the battery so I swapped it out of the battery into it dried it both batteries don't work so I thought maybe both batteries are dead so I charge them try it again nothing I thought okay maybe it's not communicating with the remote batteries are new in the remote remote light is on. Nothing. When I switch the tank on at the bottom of it I hear a look crackle from the speaker and when I put my ear up to the Main control board I hear a slight hum but that's all I get. Is there a normal protocol for figuring out what the problem is? Anybody have any useful advice? I don't know a lot about the whole RC element. I'm always just done building and paint weathering in that kind of stuff I desperately want to learn more about what I'm looking at and how to fix it because I love 1/16 scale armor. Someday I might get Brave and get a 1/6 tank.
Last edited by Jnewboy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: My tank won't turn on.

Post by RobW »

Is the head lamp flashing?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

If it's one of the older 27 megahertz tanks the first thing I would check would be the pins on the crystals to see if corrosion is blocking the signal.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

RobW wrote:Is the head lamp flashing?
Yes it flashes, what does that mean?
Last edited by Jnewboy on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Max-U52 wrote:If it's one of the older 27 megahertz tanks the first thing I would check would be the pins on the crystals to see if corrosion is blocking the signal.
I looked at both, they look good, I noticed that the one in the controller says 01/RX and the one in the tank says 01/TX. Is that a problem?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The one that says RX should be in the tank and the one that says TX should be in the transmitter.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Jnewboy wrote:
RobW wrote:Is the head lamp flashing?
Yes it flashes, what does that mean?
It means the tank & control board are powered and probably ready to be started. If you press the "lock" button on the Tx it ought to start - you may need to swap the crystals as per Max's comment.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Max-U52 wrote:The one that says RX should be in the tank and the one that says TX should be in the transmitter.
Got it! It came to life, new questions though, instead of the startup sound it doesn't make any noise except for a beeping that sounds like a truck backing up. The noise seems to come from anytime I drive the tank forward?

Also how do you know if the battery is fully charged?

Return to “General Questions”