HELP FOR NEW GUY

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
marbaja252
Recruit

Re: HELP FOR NEW GUY

Post by marbaja252 »

Bill does that charger come with the input plug needed to connect to these type batteries?

That looks like a good unit compared to the cheep one that came with the tanks. May order on.

Thank you Matt.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

marbaja252 wrote:Bill does that charger come with the input plug needed to connect to these type batteries?

That looks like a good unit compared to the cheep one that came with the tanks. May order on.

Thank you Matt.
That charger has a plug for the Kyosho type plug, and then the balance plug goes into the side of the charger. It'll do up to 4 cells, I think. The one I have is slightly different, but the same overall.

I'm thinking that maybe the batteries were damaged by being on the other chargers too long. That'll surely cook them! I would strongly suggest getting a decent charger. They charge quicker, and have safeties to avoid damaging the batteries. Be cheaper than replacing the batteries every so often! :thumbup:

Oh, and mick. If it helps you sleep any easier at night, just keep telling yourself that Charlie can be a girls name, too! :wave:

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

I don't have any 7.2, but yes I see that they could work too. Will need to purchase the proper charger to do both types of batteries.
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

jarndice wrote:Hi, If you go to
http://www.hobbyking.com
they have a sale on and if you click on Batteries & Chargers there are some really good offers to be had,
Get a Charger with the ability to charge LI-POs as well as NIMH batteries,
I suggest something from "Turnigy",
They will charge a Battery in minutes instead of the hours that the Heng Long chargers take.I only once used a Heng Long/Taigen charger and I was appalled at the waste of time taken to overheat a battery with little discernible increase in charge.
Shaun.

Turnigy makes q great charger.. I bought a charger on Amazon that is excellent.. A Tenergy charger..

here is the one I bought and use exclusively.. It is excellent and doesn't give me any trouble..

But it doesn't do Lipo though.. But they make a version that does however..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003M ... UTF8&psc=1
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

I spoke to my local hobby guys and we're going to attempt to adapt the Traxxas RC batteries to the tanks and scrap all together the hen long batteries they're going to take a look at them Friday and see what we can do and use my Traxxas charger it does all styles of batteries

I already have 3 of those chargers for the kids's / trucks they have they seem to be good quality and work well and they're fast they sense the type of battery and shut off.

Those guys were cool they don't deal in tanks anyway but we're excited to take a look at the project thought I'd take him up on their offer
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

Here's the charger heavy duty u.s. plugs good cabling on the batteries
Attachments
Traxxas IQ charger
Traxxas IQ charger
13547.jpeg (35.23 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

No I agree those are the batteries we use in the RC trucks will be dropping down to the 7.2 slightly shorter battery after my measurements to fit into the tanks

Will definitely keep all of you posted after Friday and see where we end up could be a good idea for anyone else down the road thanks for all your help

Return to “General Questions”