HELP FOR NEW GUY

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
marbaja252
Recruit

Re: HELP FOR NEW GUY

Post by marbaja252 »

Trying to upload some pics but the files are too big guess I'm going to have to get my kids flip phone
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

Checked voltage last night, 1 battery nothing after charging for 2-3 hrs and the green light is on like it fully charged.

The other battery reads way higher around 8-9. Neither will still light the lights on the either tank at all once the switch is turned on. Plugs are good and are pushing in all the way in.

We got these in December and we have not run them more than 3-4 times tops. This stinks.

I have ordered in 2 batterys, but will not be here till next week. I am stumped.

Are there better chargers and batteries out there to purchase?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, If you go to
www.hobbyking.com
they have a sale on and if you click on Batteries & Chargers there are some really good offers to be had,
Get a Charger with the ability to charge LI-POs as well as NIMH batteries,
I suggest something from "Turnigy",
They will charge a Battery in minutes instead of the hours that the Heng Long chargers take.I only once used a Heng Long/Taigen charger and I was appalled at the waste of time taken to overheat a battery with little discernible increase in charge.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

I have not opened either tank up yet.

The batteries are the black HL ones with the lead for charging and lead for the tank

I just cannot believe both shot craps at the same time, weird.
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

Yes both tanks came with the same batteries, but slightly different transmitters. The panther was built in 2016 and the T34 was made in 2014. The control location for start, smoke, MG, and volume are the same on both. The panther has chrome on it while the T34 is an all black one.
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

Yes that is the transmitter for the panther with chrome accents. The T34 looks exactly like that one other than the firing buttons on the top are not machined out. It fires with left joystick if I remember.
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

Wow your good, yes again T34 transmitter.
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

I do not remember them being upgraded at all. I purchased them on ebay from toolempire.

I have a local hobby store, they do not deal in tanks, but I purchased all my 4 Traxxas race trucks there and there good guys. May stop and pick their brains.

I have 2 more black batteries ordered, hate to smoke them too. Let me know if you think of anything else to try and look at.

Thanks for hanging in there with me on this.

Matt.
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

So, how well does the cheap HL charger work on Li-Po batteries? As far as I knew you had to have a balance charger to get them to charge correctly. Could this be part of the problem? I've got several of the HL Li-Po's and they work great. Maybe a good peak charger instead of the crappy ones will save trashing another set of batteries.

Marbaja where are you located? If in the US, here's the charger I use. It'll do almost anything.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYRC-iMAX-B6- ... SwlndZCUFY

Hope some of this helps!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
marbaja252
Recruit

Post by marbaja252 »

My Blazer
Attachments
1986 M1009 Blazer 59k miles