Wiring on TK-22 for Mato PzIII

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SteelBird
Corporal

Wiring on TK-22 for Mato PzIII

Post by SteelBird »

Hi All,

The other day I disassemble my Mato PzIII to tune its torsion bars. When I re-assemble it, I had problem with plugging on the TK-22 board. The tank now can move forward, backward, turn left and right but other functions like turret servo, engine sound gun, etc, doesn't work. Please take a look at the photo below and show me if I had the correct wiring or where did I plug wrong?

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Wiring on TK-22 for Mato PzIII

Post by c.rainford73 »

I could be wrong, but where is the 8 pin connector? Also take some more photos the view from this one is very limited. Did you plug the volume pot 3 pin connector back in?

Also both 5 pin connectors have nothing plugged into them from your photo angle??

Did you plug the servo leads into thier correct location on the board?

Is the speaker plugged into the corner Jst connector?

Better photos will help, go on the Clark website he has good schematics.

In the future take pictures of your wiring beforehand I find this helps best. :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Here's the schematic

http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx2 ... 20v1_0.jpg

It appears your volume pot is plugged in, could possibly be you need to review this. Aldo did you unplug the rx leads?
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Carl's right. In your pic, the eight pin connector (CN9) is empty. All the turret functions go through that connector, and this would explain the loss of functionality. If, on the other hand, you disconnected the 8-pin cable to separate the upper hull enough from the lower hull, to take the pic, then the problem must be elsewhere. A tip: you can buy an extra long 8-pin connector cable from rctank.de. This allows you to lift the upper hull of without having to pull the 8-pin socket apart :thumbup: This also makes it easier to run function tests.. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Right after a quick rummage, here's the cable you want:
https://www.rctank.de/EXTRA-LONG-Cable- ... Elmod-35cm
It's worth investing in. Buy some for your other models as well, and this will make the postal charges more bearable. You might find the cable on Ebay.co. uk as well. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Hi Guys, sorry for late reply. it was due to the lunar new year that I couldn't have time to turn on my laptop.

Thanks for all the helps; however, problem still exist. Yes, I did remove the 8-pin cable for the sake of taking photo because I think the problem is not there. I feel like the problem is at the two 3-pin connector like I circled it.

I search around my laptop and finally found a photo of the PzIII when it first arrived. All cable seems right but it just doesn't work. Any chance the board got malfunction?

H/L Pantiger, H/L Leopard 2A6, Mato Panzer III, Hybrid Tiger 1 and some tank wreckage
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

You should really review the diagram Carl mentioned. It's a lot better than guessing from pictures, plus it gives you a really nice overview of the pins :)

From your first picture you posted I can see straightaway that you plugged one servo wrong. The TK22 can be used with a elevation and a recoil servo, but if your whole upper hull doesn't function the problem might be deeper. Did you check if there's a moist spot on the bottom of the board and case? There are occasions where the cpu might be fried with a low voltage, if you don't check your connections before you turn it on.

Did you check with a different 8 Ohm (3W minimum) speaker?
Do you have a Sony programming remote that's compatible with the Clark boards?
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

Code501 wrote:You should really review the diagram Carl mentioned. It's a lot better than guessing from pictures, plus it gives you a really nice overview of the pins :)

From your first picture you posted I can see straightaway that you plugged one servo wrong. The TK22 can be used with a elevation and a recoil servo, but if your whole upper hull doesn't function the problem might be deeper. Did you check if there's a moist spot on the bottom of the board and case? There are occasions where the cpu might be fried with a low voltage, if you don't check your connections before you turn it on.

Did you check with a different 8 Ohm (3W minimum) speaker?
Do you have a Sony programming remote that's compatible with the Clark boards?
Yes, I did check the diagram by Carl and save it to my computer. However, the positions are quite different that I could not figure out what and where. I agree that the problem might be deep but any possibility that the CPU got fried when the tank still run? Maybe one of the plug disconnected in the upper hull?
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

Maybe do a complete check of all the wiring? If everything is connected correctly.

Was anything labeled when you got the tank?
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
SteelBird
Corporal

Post by SteelBird »

It's been half a year since I first started this thread. My problem still unsolved but have some improvement. First of all, I am sure all the wiring are correct. Secondly, when I take the upper hull off, all sound come back. Finally, when upper hull are plugged, all functions (except driving) off again but some time come back and then off again. Well, is this the problem of the hull? the board or the remote control? The tank stays on desk most of the time...

Return to “General Questions”