Heng long truck motor/gearbox - is un/joint emovable

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Heng long truck motor/gearbox - is un/joint emovable

Post by AlwynTurner »

I am going to fit a second motor to drive the rear axle of my Diamond T and need to remove the universal joint from the front of the gearbox as it won't be used, is there an easy way to do this or am I faced with cutting it off?

I am hoping that others have confronted and solved this problem as I really don't like breaking things!

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Heng long truck motor/gearbox - is un/joint emovable

Post by jarndice »

Alwyn what kind of motors will you be using, I ask because I am fitting two N20 Miniature High Torque Electric Gearbox Motors from ---
www.banggood.com
for £2.95 Freepost each and fitting them into a twin motor mount from "Wayne",
One motor driving the front axle and the other driving the rear axle, these geared motors are available with various "RPM", I have selected 160rpm,
Choosing geared motors avoids the need for the transfer box,
Various lengths of metal propeller shaft in 1/16 are available should you need a longer or shorter version of the H/L one.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Shaun, I was thinking about that,160rpm sounds quite fast for a little truck, how long does it take to be delivered?
Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The motors are available in 40rpm, 50rpm, 56rpm and 160 rpm and shipping is rated between 7 and 30 days ,
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Remember the axles reduce the rpm at the wheels by 50% too, so 160rpm full tilt at the motor gets you 80 rpm at the wheels.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”