Recoil convertion of main gun

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
sarge8888
Recruit

Recoil convertion of main gun

Post by sarge8888 »

Hi guys ive a Taigen Tiger 1 bb version. I want to get the recoil on the main gun as opposed to the tracks. What do i need to do this and how is it done. Thanks guys.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Recoil convertion of main gun

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If you want to retain the BB function, and add barrel recoil to it- then currently the only way you can do that is by buying the Taigen Tiger 1 turret with airsoft barrel recoil built in (metal and plastic versions available).
You didn't mention what model you want to alter; but if it is a Tiger 1, you're in luck. :wave:
https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-part ... /tag120700
It's fairly straightforward conversion; turret for turret, in fact, for the Tiger 1. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
sarge8888
Recruit

Post by sarge8888 »

Thanks for the very prompt reply. Yes its the tiger 1 i want to convert and i never use the bb's tbh just dont see the point. Was thinking of have a flash in the main barrel.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Sarge it sounds like you are OK considering changing the main board to a Clark or IBU to add servo recoil and eliminate track recoil.....or do you want to keep the original electronics and add servo recoil?

RCtankelectronics has a kit for the conversion

https://www.rctankelectronics.com/store ... tanks.html

Or if you so choose, an IBU

Or a Clark board

:wave: Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
sarge8888
Recruit

Post by sarge8888 »

Hi Carl no iam hoping to upgrade to a ibu2 pro board and do away with the track recoil.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

sarge8888 wrote:Hi Carl no iam hoping to upgrade to a ibu2 pro board and do away with the track recoil.
That is a great idea! You can really fine tune your recoil setup etc..
sarge8888
Recruit

Post by sarge8888 »

Carl that link you sent me will work sith the ibu? Its the Mako2017 board that threw me tbh. As mine isnt an ir tank or do i just not install that board?
sarge8888
Recruit

Post by sarge8888 »

c.raindford73 do i need to get a differant barrel aswell?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

sarge8888 wrote:Carl that link you sent me will work sith the ibu? Its the Mako2017 board that threw me tbh. As mine isnt an ir tank or do i just not install that board?
If you purchase the IBU board you won't need the Mako2017 set. You could however add the Mako board to your stock electronics and get gun barrel Recoil and eliminate track recoil Image

I've been able to reuse the stock airsoft barrel and just extend the inner airsoft tube and attach it to the recoil mechanism. You would need a proper servo recoil setup like the green bit in the link I sent you.
sarge8888
Recruit

Post by sarge8888 »

Thank you for your help c.rainford73. Sorry for all the questions but totally new to r/c tanks as you can tell.

Return to “General Questions”