Road wheel shafts

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
tomhugill
Captain

Road wheel shafts

Post by tomhugill »

Hey folks, im trying to find some longer shafts for my E90 wheels. Currently it's plastic running gear with poor alignment of the wheels. My plan is to add bearings to the wheels and use metal KT swing arms to reduce slop.

Whoever to let me get the correct alignment I need longer shafts than those on the king tiger metal road wheels, probably 5-7mm longer. Does anyone know if taigen or anyone else use longer shafts than those on the king tiger
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Road wheel shafts

Post by Ad Lav »

I have some Tamiya king tiger shafts spare. Not sure if they are longer?
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

You could get these Taigen Panther arms and maybe create your own shafts if the arms length fits the tiger. I made my shafts for the M113 out of 3mm pins, 3mm flanged bearings, and 4mm aluminum tube overlay glued with epoxy to fit the panther socket. I was pretty desperate. Works well.
Panther arms
Panther arms
shaft.JPG (15.82 KiB) Viewed 550 times
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Ya know, Tom--

There's a much easier way of dealing with this vexing problem. Just get rid of this offensive beast, like your spouse would like, and voila--two problems solved. Emoji here as mine don't work. Otherwise, sorry I can't be more helpful. :haha:

Return to “General Questions”