Heng long walker bulldog 2.4ghz conversion

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Damian1973
Recruit

Heng long walker bulldog 2.4ghz conversion

Post by Damian1973 »

Hi I have a Heng Long Walker Bulldog which is on the 27mhz. I have been thinking about changing it over to 2.4ghz? How much work is there involved in doing this and is it worth the cost or should I invest in another Tank? Any information would be much appreciated.
Cheers Damian
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Re: Heng long walker bulldog 2.4ghz conversion

Post by bikerdude »

It's possible, I did it recently, but I changed absolutely everything. My son had a 2.4ghz Pershing, I bought a cheap 27mhz Bulldog, he decided he wanted the Bulldog instead of his Pershing so I gutted the Bulldog and fitted everything from the Pershing. And I mean everything, control box, BB unit, elevation and rotation unit, motors/gearboxes and all the associated wires, plugs, and connection boards. It now works perfectly and just like my shop bought 2.4 Bulldog. But whether you can get all the parts, and still come in enough under the price of a new 2.4ghz tank, I don't know.
Damian1973
Recruit

Re: Heng long walker bulldog 2.4ghz conversion

Post by Damian1973 »

Been looking at the conversions online and it's not quite as simple as I thought. By the time I get all the parts to do this it may be cheaper to invest in a new tank and keep this one as 27mhz. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “General Questions”