Top speakers for RC Tanks?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Top speakers for RC Tanks?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I like the look and feel- not to mention the practicality- of the Tamiya speakers I got with My KT and Panther G; but I'm wondering : who makes the best speakers overall for RC tanks? The speaker enclosures with Tamiya models seem well made, and look as if they'll enhance the bass frequencies. Put to the test though, they're not as obviously superior to even Taigen MK 2 speakers as I'd supposed they'd be. Well, to my ears, anyway.
When I get back to my Cromwell project, I'd like a speaker setup that can do justice the the sound files Stian installed in the Cromwells TK60. Any ideas? :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Top speakers for RC Tanks?

Post by tomhugill »

I'm trying to get the guy who does the speaker boxes stian sells to make a custom size one for my Cromwell. The standard large one is slightly too long and high, but the sound is amazing when I tried plugging it in
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Roy, If you go to ---
http://www.visaton.de
Click on Products, then click on "Driver Accessories" and go to "Miniature Speakers",
There are some in the range that are much smaller than the "Visaton" Speakers supplied by Ian (Tankbear),
It might be somewhere to start your search for a pair of quality Small Speakers.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Stian will make some custom sized enclosures. I've just installed one in my Su-152 and another project. I can assure you the enclosure makes a big difference IMHO. Maybe build one out of plasticard and fill the inside with some batting to ensure a great bass sound.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks guys! I'll do a spot of fact finding tomorrow and see what emerges. It's a pity Harmon Kardon, Tannoy and JBL don't do micro speakers for model tanks :haha: Mind you some computer speakers could be adapted for use, I expect..
(built in speakers for all-in-one computers such as the iMac.)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
I recommend going through Maxxmekker\Stian. He had a custom box built for me for Mikes Tiger and man does it deliver sound. So much so that both the M36B1 and my own Late Tiger 1 have those speakers and boxes in them. I'll be chatting him up when it comes time to drop a very large speaker and box into the Stuart as well.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good evening,
I recommend going through Maxxmekker\Stian. He had a custom box built for me for Mikes Tiger and man does it deliver sound. So much so that both the M36B1 and my own Late Tiger 1 have those speakers and boxes in them. I'll be chatting him up when it comes time to drop a very large speaker and box into the Stuart as well.
regards,
Painless
Ah..music to my ears, Painless. :thumbup: There's nothing like a trustworthy recommendation to ease the stress (or buzz sometimes.. ;) ) of looking for the best bits for everything- including RC tanks. :D
By the way, have you ever heard of this firm:
http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/soundsystems.php
They have complete sound systems suitable for boats, planes, trains, electric bikes ( 8O ), and..of course tanks. Their mission statement motto is: 'RC Models like you've never heard them before!'...
But then, that could mean: ..'working properly'. Now that would be nice.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

For the benefit of those new to the site, and who may not know who Stian ('Maxmekker') is, here's his website:.
https://norwegianrctank.weebly.com
and an example of his tastefully decorated speaker enclosures :thumbup:
Stian's speaker enclosures
Stian's speaker enclosures
Speaker box.jpg (33.65 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

43rdRecceReg wrote: By the way, have you ever heard of this firm:
http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/soundsystems.php
They have complete sound systems suitable for boats, planes, trains, electric bikes ( 8O ), and..of course tanks. there mission statement motto is: 'RC Models like you've never heard them before!'...
But then, that could mean: ..'working properly'. Now that would be nice.
I see they do the sounds for a British Centurion. Now if only someone would do a proper kit for the tank! (Or RTR)
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Damned 'interpretive text' cum 'autocomplete' web feature altered 'Their Mission.." to 'there mission' without me noticing. >:< These stealthy changes can sometimes add utterly meaningless words to a piece..or make a clause meaningless.
Ooh well..Sunday rant over. :/
Think: 'Loctite' to 'Lactate' the other day, and I really was writing about adhesives, and not the mammalian stuff. :eh:

Return to “General Questions”