Top speakers for RC Tanks?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Top speakers for RC Tanks?

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is too funny :crazy:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Looks like autocomplete did you again lol
Too wright it did :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I might have something that fits :thumbup:
Attachments
27605901_10154951721781582_1731419844_o (Small).jpg
27605901_10154951721781582_1731419844_o (Small).jpg (83.06 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Drammen Rock City
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

maxmekker wrote:I might have something that fits :thumbup:
:D really impressive, Stian :thumbup: It looks as if your range is fuller now, meaning that you have speakers for most (probably all) 1/16 applications :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

they're multiplying like Gremlins :crazy:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

A while back I had a look at the mathematics involved with speaker enclosure design, port diameters, the sealed/open conundrum and concluded that at this scale it's basically all worthless. Grab yourself some 3 millimetre styrene sheet and build the biggest box you can fit in the available space, then install the largest diameter Visaton that'll fit. It'll be loud, it'll be clear, and it'll be cheap. There's no need to overthink it Roy, save yourself the headaches I subjected myself to!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Raminator wrote:A while back I had a look at the mathematics involved with speaker enclosure design, port diameters, the sealed/open conundrum and concluded that at this scale it's basically all worthless. Grab yourself some 3 millimetre styrene sheet and build the biggest box you can fit in the available space, then install the largest diameter Visaton that'll fit. It'll be loud, it'll be clear, and it'll be cheap. There's no need to overthink it Roy, save yourself the headaches I subjected myself to!
That's certainly another option, and quite do-able, Dan. :think: The problem with smaller speakers (unless they're the type fitted in studio headphones) is their limited frequency response, especially at the lower end of the sound spectrum. This applies especially to the budget ones for RC models. I see here on the Components shop listing for waterproof speakers for models, that the frequency response is only cited for models over 4in in diameter: https://www.componentshop.co.uk/action- ... akers.html
Even then, they don't go below 100Hz, and that's where most of the bass notes from an engine or cannon would be..
I use B&W (Bowers and Wilkins) speakers in my home recording studio; but I'm not daft enough, or driven enough, to think that a model could be equipped with anything of that quality :)
What really counts for a tank is the resistance (up to 8ohms), power output (2 or 3 watts, maybe), and power consumption, and whether there's space enough for it and it's enclosure- if it has one. A Visaton speaker would do the job no doubt... :think:
tk1608
Recruit

Post by tk1608 »

Hey guys
Just wondered what the difference is between 4 & 8 ohms.
Which would be best as I don’t want to blow anything on the board in my heng long tiger 1.
Is there any difference in the sound if the ohms are different ?

Thanks in advance
Phil
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Have you ever listened to the sound of a JBL GO2 speaker? The sound reproduction is amazing for a speaker of this size. That's what gave me the idea to use it in my AMX 50. Just buy an electronic adapter that transforms the speaker output of the electronic board into a line signal that can be sent to the speaker input jack. It's up to you to test if you're curious :thumbup:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Standard Heng Long Speaker is 4 ohms but connecting 8 ohms speaker will not damage the board.
Last edited by Kaczor on Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Questions”