Toucan Hobby

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Toucan Hobby

Post by BarryC »

Hi Folks,

Anyone here have experience with Toucan Hobby? I am considering a purchase.

TIA,
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Toucan Hobby

Post by jarndice »

Hi Barry, I had never heard of them until I read your query,
I typed
www.toucanhobby.com
and clicked on the home page,
They are a Chinese company based in Shenzhou City,
I randomly clicked on Heng Long T34/85,
Here is one line, "Heng Long manual book (Don't rely on manual book COZ sometimes the book is wrong)".
You have to love the honesty,
They export to the USA and Western Europe including the UK.
It might be an idea to make a trial purchase of an accessory with an amount of money you can afford to lose and if all is well then onward and upward.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Barry I've seen them on EBay for some time now, they sell many metal Heng Long upgrade parts. Never done business with them before, but I assume they are similar to Mato mart. What are you looking to purchase from them if I may ask.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I've ordered from them several times. Always a quality product and really pretty quick shipping. In fact, I just ordered a set of return roller mounts for my jagd IV. I've even ordered a couple of tanks.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Hi, I must have ordered 10 shipments from him, meanly gearbox and Mato stuff. Very good communications and fast shipping considering that he is in China but you must not be in a rush. I also always make Best Offers with 30% discount at starting bid and he accepted many of them right away, Recommended if you cannot get them from Mato Mart who sometimes have sales and cheaper for same product.
regards, Louis
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks guys.

Santa dropped off a HL Challenger II at my house! It has metal tracks, sprockets and idlers. However the metal tracks are all metal no rubber pads.
I am considering tracks with pads plus getting metal road wheels and swing arms. I have found each of them at different sources but only Toucan and Tank Army have everything in one shot.

DKLM has them as well but his tracks require his sprockets. He also offers two different track sets one for Abrams & Challenger and one for Leopard & Challenger. From his photos I can't really tell the difference nor can I see that they have rubber pads on the inside as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
Norton1
Lance Corporal

Post by Norton1 »

Toucan Hobby is #1 in my book. Their customer service is 24 hours a day and they will go to nearly any length to make sure you are happy.

Be well,
Steve
King Tiger, Panzer "G" model, Tiger 1, and one little Sherman.
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

I've bought from them a few times. Got my M10 from them.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Hi Guys,

On the sound advise received I order the items from Toucan Hobby. I was able to get a 20% discount on one item but not on other but his price on that item was the lowest I found by at least 30%.

Super fast shipping from China, items received in less that 10 days to south east US.

Thanks for the advise,
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

BarryC wrote:Hi Guys,

On the sound advise received I order the items from Toucan Hobby. I was able to get a 20% discount on one item but not on other but his price on that item was the lowest I found by at least 30%.

Super fast shipping from China, items received in less that 10 days to south east US.

Thanks for the advise,
Barry
That's good news Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “General Questions”