Torro KT barrel wobble.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Maccrage
Corporal

Torro KT barrel wobble.

Post by Maccrage »

My IR Torro KT has some wicked barrel wobble. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how can I fix it without interfering with the recoil and elevation?
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Re: Torro KT barrel wobble.

Post by Artyfist »

Hi.
Mine is the same, not sure if it can be fixed.
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Same here.
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

The only way I've come close to stopping it is by jamming in a bit of foam behind the mantlet, one on each side of the barrel to try to get a firmer hold but minimising any loss of elevation/depression.

Not really effective and there is the risk of poking it in too far but experimenting with different foam and sensible use of tweezers may prove effective. TBH I hate barrel wobble and if I'm driving my Tamiya JT I stuff a fair bit of foam behind the mantlet for driving then take it out for the rare occasions it's on `show` i.e. driving and shooting in public. On this JT I think it may be worse due to the long metal barrel and heavy metal mantlet so a change to plastic may improve things?

It is annoying as when a well set-up tank is running it's usually only the wobble that makes it look toylike.

I hope this is of some use.

Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Davarama wrote:The only way I've come close to stopping it is by jamming in a bit of foam behind the mantlet, one on each side of the barrel to try to get a firmer hold but minimising any loss of elevation/depression.

Not really effective and there is the risk of poking it in too far but experimenting with different foam and sensible use of tweezers may prove effective. TBH I hate barrel wobble and if I'm driving my Tamiya JT I stuff a fair bit of foam behind the mantlet for driving then take it out for the rare occasions it's on `show` i.e. driving and shooting in public. On this JT I think it may be worse due to the long metal barrel and heavy metal mantlet so a change to plastic may improve things?

It is annoying as when a well set-up tank is running it's usually only the wobble that makes it look toylike.

Dava.
Thanks. Looks like there is no real good solution. Too much mass hanging out there, without the weight of the real gun breech to counter it.
JMason5067
Recruit

Post by JMason5067 »

Maccrage wrote:
Davarama wrote:The only way I've come close to stopping it is by jamming in a bit of foam behind the mantlet, one on each side of the barrel to try to get a firmer hold but minimising any loss of elevation/depression.

Dava.
Thanks. Looks like there is no real good solution. Too much mass hanging out there, without the weight of the real gun breech to counter it.

So try putting some weight on the breech end of the models gun???
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

JMason5067 wrote:So try putting some weight on the breech end of the models gun???
This. It's also the reason tanks had travel locks.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

Well, I maganged to break the recoil mechanism. Whacked the muzzle with a cupboard door when I wasn't paying attention. Guess I'll figure something out to add weight to the breech end when I tear it down for repair.

Return to “General Questions”