Lights "flashing" but tank "will not start" (for S&S Models)

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Wolftone
Lance Corporal

Re: Lights

Post by Wolftone »

WOT ! Or as my dad said, golf! a nice walk spoiled. lol
chiongjac
Recruit

Post by chiongjac »

UM HAY IS MY BULLDOG DISPLAYED SAME SYMPTOMS IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY 2 FIX IT OTHER THAN BUY NEW KRISTALS OR SOLDER IT (BTW HOW LONG DO WE CHARGE THE BATTERY) (WAT IS RECEIVER CABLE IS IT THE POINTY THING ON TOP OF THE TANK WE ATTACH WHEN WE FIRST OPEN D BOX??)
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Chiongjac.

Apart from trying alternative crystals I don’t think there is a way to test them.
Another thing to check on the crystals, which was posted recently is some crystal are mislabeled. Remove the plastic label and the metal case should be stamped with frequency it has been identified that sometimes these are different so even though you think you have the same crystals you don’t.
Charge time will depend on battery & charger. If Heng Long charger (400mA output) and 1700mAh battery it take 4 hrs 15 minutes if 2000mAh battery it take 5 hours.
If you have different types, to work it out it is battery mAh divide by charger output mA that gives you hours
i.e. 1700mAh divide by 400mA = 4.25 hours = 4 hours 15 minutes.
On mine when I have exhausted the battery the tank stops and goes into standby i.e. headlight flash.
Receiver cable is the little black wire from the receiver circuit board to the aerial bolt on the tank (the aerial been the bit of wire you push on the brass bolt) You shouldn’t need to worry about this unless you take the tank apart and forget to plug back in when reassembling.

Hope that helps you get the tank going.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
jackeb
Lance Corporal

Post by jackeb »

Hi,
I don't want to teach any of you guys to suck eggs but, crystals are notorious weak. A bit of a knock while your new pride and joy in transit and that can be game over for a crystal. It's well worth tweaking the legs out a little to eliminate bad connections. Their delicacy and the fact they are prone to interference was my prime motive to change my HL Tiger to 2.4 ghz. Before I get shot down in flames, I know 2.4 ghz isn't with out it's problems (I've actually witnessed a guy flying two helis at once because they both bound to the same frequency cycle. To his credit he landed them both safely!), and it's near on useless for you guys who like to run on-board cams, but it's a good system. At least you don't have to muck about with crystals. Mind you a synthesised FM system will also mean no crystal problems. But it's all money! :haha:

Return to “General Questions”