Benedini mini sound board

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
c.rainford73
Major

Benedini mini sound board

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'm looking to buy a Benedini mini for my Open Panzer board and have come across two for sale here in The states. They are both programmed with different sounds. One has Leo sounds, the other one has Abrams sounds according to the seller.

Silly questions......

Aren't these programmable to any sounds I choose and if so will I have access to the sounds from Benedini if I don't buy them directly from Thomas?

Or is it a much better buy to get them from Benedini with the programming cable and such?

Many thanks in advance

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Benedini mini sound board

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Drammen Rock City
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

maxmekker wrote:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Thank you Stian and RadImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

c.rainford73 wrote:Aren't these programmable to any sounds I choose and if so will I have access to the sounds from Benedini if I don't buy them directly from Thomas?
The TBS Mini is programmable with any soundset you like, but if you're buying it secondhand you'll want to make sure that they're including the USB cable and the password to Thomas' website. If they don't, you'll be limited to whatever's already loaded on the board.
c.rainford73 wrote:Or is it a much better buy to get them from Benedini with the programming cable and such?
It depends on how good a deal you get buying them locally. ;)
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Raminator wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Aren't these programmable to any sounds I choose and if so will I have access to the sounds from Benedini if I don't buy them directly from Thomas?
The TBS Mini is programmable with any soundset you like, but if you're buying it secondhand you'll want to make sure that they're including the USB cable and the password to Thomas' website. If they don't, you'll be limited to whatever's already loaded on the board.
c.rainford73 wrote:Or is it a much better buy to get them from Benedini with the programming cable and such?
Nope, you can buy any programmer usb board for 2 euros free shipping like I did in my tutorial, and put the sounds you want on it.

No need to use the benedini sounds at all.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Raminator wrote:
Nope, you can buy any programmer usb board for 2 euros free shipping like I did in my tutorial, and put the sounds you want on it.

But if it's a TBS mini intended for the open Panzer board then you need the TBS mini programmer and software.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Raminator wrote: The TBS Mini is programmable with any soundset you like, but if you're buying it secondhand you'll want to make sure that they're including the USB cable and the password to Thomas' website. If they don't, you'll be limited to whatever's already loaded on the board.

But if it's a TBS mini intended for the open Panzer board then you need the TBS mini programmer and software.
You dont need the tbs programmer at all, the 2 euro usb will work exactly the same. But yes, you need the program.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
tomhugill wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote: Nope, you can buy any programmer usb board for 2 euros free shipping like I did in my tutorial, and put the sounds you want on it.

You dont need the tbs programmer at all, the 2 euro usb will work exactly the same. But yes, you need the program.
The mini and micro have different interface plugs. Wouldn't be rocket science to make one but I don't think the method you used on the micro would work due to the size of plug on the board.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi Tom, works exactly the same and the connections are the same. Ground, tx and rx. a friend of mine did a programmer following the diagram I posted and works perfectly. the cost waa. 1,5 euros free shippijg.

the connectors with the mini I think it will be even easier, but I can ask him.

Return to “General Questions”