Torro M16 Servo twitching

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Torro M16 Servo twitching

Post by Blackadder123 »

Hello chaps,

After fiddling with the antenna for a bit (I can't think of a logical reason for this to be the cause, though), the servo on the M16 started to twitch very frequently. The twitching stops when the transmitter is turned off and begins right away with the transmitter on. When it doesn't twitch for a brief period, the physical stimulus of touching it is enough to get it back twitchin'. Playing with the trim doesn't help, so the issue must lie deeper...... :crazy:

Not very experienced with servos, so I can't deduce what the problem is. Is the servo simply dead?

If I had to replace the servo, does anyone know the dimensions/model of the servo required to replace it? And by the looks of it I'd have to disassemble the half track to gain access to the board to connect the new servo - Is it just a matter of unscrewing things or any prying apart needed? :wtf:

Thanks for any hints..... pretty lost here haha :S
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Torro M16 Servo twitching

Post by jarndice »

Hi, If you go to you tube and type in WSN/TORRO M16 you will get a very detailed video on how to strip the M16,
It comes to pieces nice and easily,
I would recommend you change the built in control board for an "ELMOD" Custom board. it is an easy fit and increases the range and the sound and is in all ways a better board,
You will need an aftermarket transmitter.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Oh right, thanks for the youtube suggestion.

I have heard of the Elmod board, but it really is on the pricier side, costing just about as much as the half track itself 8O ! Might buy one later, but for now, I'd just like to know what unearthly spirit has possessed the servo to make it twitch.....
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Maybe it had an encounter with the White Tiger?

phpBB [video]
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Funky looking Tiger, that.

I think the servo problem is due to a loose connection somewhere. I fiddled with the Antenna for a bit and this likely loosened some connection.....

Return to “General Questions”