Question about Heng Long 'generations'

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Lert
Sergeant

Question about Heng Long 'generations'

Post by Lert »

I've seen things like 'generation 3' and 'generation 4' thrown around in some places when talking about HL electronics. To my understanding:

Generation 1: 27 MHz RX13
Generation 2: 27 MHz RX18 (Smoke and sound)
Generation 3: 2.4 GHz RX18
Generation 4: 2.4 GHz Dual Sound

Is this right?
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Question about Heng Long 'generations'

Post by wibblywobbly »

That's about it, the only negligible difference was/is that within each of those 4 there are various board revisions due to the components used, these are printed on the board.

There was an RX14, which I think was when they changed the RX13 from soldered wire connections to the 2 pin plugs, RX18 was when they went over to the 8 pin as well. It had 'slightly better' sound, and more speed steps.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Ah, ok. So I can buy a 'generation 4' set and expect the up-to-date dual sound module. That's good to know.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Or you could buy the Taigen V2 set,
An easy swap with a nice sound set and the ability to use the Taigen Transmitter or an aftermarket one.
And inexpensive in comparison to other boards.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”