Fixing Torro M16 guns

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Fixing Torro M16 guns

Post by Blackadder123 »

Hello everyone,

The guns on a second hand Torro M16 arrived already broken (apart from one... haha), and after trying to dry fit the piece of the broken muzzle onto the other end, no light comes through. I'm not even sure what kind of technology is used here, it doesn't seem like an optical fibre (as dry fitting it would surely allow light to pass through) and I can't identify any wire connecting to an LED.....

Anyone able to shed some light on how this works and perhaps even how to fix it? I refuse to believe that this is irreparable! :thumbup:
KTRob
Lance Corporal

Re: Fixing Torro M16 guns

Post by KTRob »

Hi,

They use smd LED's in the muzzle, the wires are like hairs, you will have to remove the guns from the rest of the model and strip the turret apart. I have done one and its very tricky....

The LED's you need are like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C0402R-20pcs- ... 1404378810

Regards

Robert
You can never have too many tanks...... :D
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Ah right...... thanks.... Looks like a heck lotta work
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Do you know if it is possible to buy just the turret?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Or, you can get with a dealer and see if you can get a replacement turret. Over here on this side of the big water we used to be able to get them from Commander Bob but he's had health and family issues lately and hasn't been real good about answering his mail. Maybe someone here has a contact at Torro? Maybe Forgebear can help, or at least point you in the right direction?

If you do take on the repair I hope you take lots of photos and do a (what would you call it, a repair thread?) piece here because I have one of my own with only one working LED. I'm sure the LEDs are good, my trouble is the wires. I put the whole unit in a different vehicle and found out the hard way that without the end points provided by the board you can over-extend and damage the wires. :O :-< :'( :'( :'(
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Questions”