Searching for photos

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Searching for photos

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi Guys, this is mainly a question for our peerless leaders. A couple years ago I asked about being able to search a user's threads from their profile and bam, the wizards that run the joint made that happen as though it were a piece of pie. So now I'm wondering, would it be possible to "search user's attachments" to see the photos and videos they've posted? I can see that making it much easier to research. Say, for example, I say to myself, "Didn't Frank do a cool Hellcat?" and to answer that question I could go to Frank's profile and take a gander at all his posted photos. Would that be hard to do? I'd be willing to chip in if it's a budget issue. I ain't donated much (next to nothing) but I'm not opposed if it helps the cause. Of course, the whole Photobucket Snafu might be a problem.

Dam, now I've reminded myself about donations and I'll feel guilty for the rest of the day for not giving more (not just here, but to the Big Cats, and the Spotted Owls, and the list goes on). But then, self-centered Gomer that I am, I'll get over it. @) @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Searching for photos

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I can’t help mate being the IT defect that I am, but one of the more savvy types might be able to give you an answer.
Does seem like a good idea to be able to find picks a bit easier
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Good idea Gary, it looks like something like this phpBB extension should do it. Rob or Mat would need to install it (or a similar one) to the forum.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Hi Guys, this is mainly a question for our peerless leaders. A couple years ago I asked about being able to search a user's threads from their profile and bam, the wizards that run the joint made that happen as though it were a piece of pie. So now I'm wondering, would it be possible to "search user's attachments" to see the photos and videos they've posted? I can see that making it much easier to research. Say, for example, I say to myself, "Didn't Frank do a cool Hellcat?" and to answer that question I could go to Frank's profile and take a gander at all his posted photos. Would that be hard to do? I'd be willing to chip in if it's a budget issue. I ain't donated much (next to nothing) but I'm not opposed if it helps the cause. Of course, the whole Photobucket Snafu might be a problem.

Dam, now I've reminded myself about donations and I'll feel guilty for the rest of the day for not giving more (not just here, but to the Big Cats, and the Spotted Owls, and the list goes on). But then, self-centered Gomer that I am, I'll get over it. @) @)
An eminently practical suggestion, Gary, and a possible means of bypassing the pictorial destruction wrought in the Archives by Photo-tookit :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”