Heng long viòlent recoil a tion .

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Willysbuilder72
Recruit

Heng long viòlent recoil a tion .

Post by Willysbuilder72 »

Hello everyone.
Appreciate its a busy saturday with shopping etc. Just wondsring if anyone knows how to disable the heng long gun recoil action through the tracks etc when the gun is fired ?
Ive got 2 IR tigers and a bb Sherman that almost jump off the floor when guns are fired and its just plain silly to watch them do that, so wondering if there is a way i can stop it ?
Would value any suggestions if it can be done.
Regards,
Steve.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Heng long viòlent recoil a tion .

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you install a Mako 2017 board, from rctanksaustralia, together with a cheap twin relay, you can do it. There is a video on the Web site showing how.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Willysbuilder72
Recruit

Post by Willysbuilder72 »

Thanks for that Rich, I'll look into that. Is there nothing i can do with the current HL electronics then ?
Regards
Steve.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Willysbuilder72 wrote:Thanks for that Rich, I'll look into that. Is there nothing i can do with the current HL electronics then ?
Regards
Steve.
Sorry mate- no, there is not.

Aftermarket board, or, an RCTA version to remove the jerk but retain your OEM electronics.
At least the RCTA has the ability to interact with Tamiya I.R. functionality
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Heng Long logic never ceases to amaze me. The one thing that all RX18 users hate is that hull recoil, so as to why they don't disable it I have no idea? :thumbdown:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

wibblywobbly wrote:Heng Long logic never ceases to amaze me. The one thing that all RX18 users hate is that hull recoil, so as to why they don't disable it I have no idea? :thumbdown:
Imex-Erik confirmed in a recent post on RCU that the recoil is necessary for aiding the reload of the airsoft gun. And since airsoft outsells IR by a large margin, it isn't going anywhere.

Though, with their recoiling airsoft cannon I think they are looking at eliminating track recoil in the future.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Elminating the hull recoil.

http://www.hobbyhavoc.com/oldhavoc/inde ... pic=1561.0
http://www.rctanksaustralia.com/forum/v ... ?f=82&t=19

So, you can make one, or buy one. Not the perfect solution, but better then what HL have done.
Or, of course, bite the bullet and buy an aftermarket board and get nice sound, tank control etc,
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Roboticus_Prime wrote:
wibblywobbly wrote:Heng Long logic never ceases to amaze me. The one thing that all RX18 users hate is that hull recoil, so as to why they don't disable it I have no idea? :thumbdown:
Imex-Erik confirmed in a recent post on RCU that the recoil is necessary for aiding the reload of the airsoft gun. And since airsoft outsells IR by a large margin, it isn't going anywhere.

Though, with their recoiling airsoft cannon I think they are looking at eliminating track recoil in the future.
uh? 8O i've 'removed' the recoil from my cats for years with not any issue in reloading the airsoft guns! first time i read anything about this.

i've been using the beier USM-HL soundcard in my tanks since day one, and one of the added features i loved for this card is disabling the track recoil, and also the moderation of the pivot turn...

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Post by Roboticus_Prime »

Jussek wrote: uh? 8O i've 'removed' the recoil from my cats for years with not any issue in reloading the airsoft guns! first time i read anything about this.

i've been using the beier USM-HL soundcard in my tanks since day one, and one of the added features i loved for this card is disabling the track recoil, and also the moderation of the pivot turn...

best regards
Oh, I agree. That's just his official response he gave in his thread about the new Taigen V2 MFU.

I eliminated it in my Pershing by using the older RX-18 with the crystals. I run two RX-18's on the same receiver. One handles the motors, and the other handles everything else. I have full sound and can fire without stopping.
RP RC

Hey, I got an idea...

Tanks: HL M26 Pershing, HL M1A2 Abrams, Taigen M4 76, HL M45 Pershing, 1/18 PZ IV, VS Abrams, [coming soon]
Tiger111
Private

Post by Tiger111 »

Well; I can say my HL Tiger I hasn't got too much of a jumpy recoil, or maybe I've just learned to ignore it :haha:
Them: WHY do you like tanks so much?
Me: Well, let's see.... It's an all terrain machine of steel with a GUN mounted to the top. The REAL question SHOULD be, why WOULDN'T I like tanks "so much"..... 8)
Them: O_O

Return to “General Questions”