tamiya tracks Leo 2A6

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Arcanjo
Recruit

tamiya tracks Leo 2A6

Post by Arcanjo »

Helo all!

I am new in this forum.

So i have a Heng Long Leopard 2A6 with lower metal hull from Taigen, IBU3, 540 motors and Tarr smoke generator. I have recently changed the tracks for the Tamiya ones, which fit perfectly, but i have one question. How do i disconnect the tracks links? By removing the pin? Or i have to take out first, the metal bits "8" shaped?

Any help would be apreciated!

Miguel
tomhugill
Captain

Re: tamiya tracks Leo 2A6

Post by tomhugill »

You don't if you can help it. Better to take the sprocket off
Arcanjo
Recruit

Post by Arcanjo »

Hello,

But that doesn´t help if i only want to change a track link (the piece with the 2 rubber pads).

Thank you!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Arcanjo wrote:Hello,

But that doesn´t help if i only want to change a track link (the piece with the 2 rubber pads).

Thank you!
Miguel we will gladly take the time to help you but it is customary on the forum before you ask questions to please introduce yourself to everyone and tell us about your experience with the hobby and where you are from and the like.

We're a very helpful bunch and have some very experienced members who will be glad to help but it's something that we ask all the new members to do.

Then ask awayImage

As for the tracks it's much easier to work on them once removed from the model and as such Toms idea of sprocket removal is a great way to do so with minimal stressImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I have previously tried and failed to take apart leopard tracks. However based on my experience with the similarity constructed Pershing and Sherman tracks you might fin gently heating the metal end pieces to make it easier to get the pins out. Just be careful not to melt the plastic bits.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

I don't know what the Tamiya tracks are like - but I have Taigen tracks on my Leo 2. They're a bit saggy, but slippage is reduced to none.
On the Taigen tracks, you can remove the links by hammering the pins lightly till they slide out, they don't need to be taken off the tank.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
Arcanjo
Recruit

Post by Arcanjo »

Hello All!

Thank you for the replies. Well, is a pain to remove a track link from the Tamiya ones, i believe i have to push gently the metal bits out, but doing so with damaging the plastic is a real pain. I say this because the pins head is not visible (te metal bits 8 shaped are noy fully drilled from one side to another), so i cannot tap them, like the ones of Taigen.

Any other suggestion would be gladly accepted.

Thank you!

Note: i will introduce myself on the forum and sorry for not doing so earlier.
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

If you are able to, can you post some pictures of the tracks?
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.

Return to “General Questions”