Where to buy 2A6

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mark66
Recruit

Re: Where to buy 2A6

Post by Mark66 »

HammerWihoutASickle wrote:
Mark66 wrote:While scouring the internet I came across HAYA UK they are selling the 2A6 which looks like the pro or ultimate version which sell for around £250.00 for £800 to £850. :think: :eh:

I see they come with a upgraded TX (digital screen) metal tracks with rubber inserts a 550 motor + upgraded turret motor ? proportional smoker and this dual gyro system.

Am I missing a few very important points about these Leopards they have for sale, is there really £650 quids worth of extra's over and above the pro or ultimate versions.
I believe so. The gun stabilizer, rubber inserts, suspension arms, tracks, upgraded board, and other metal parts are pretty expensive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks Got ya,

So the big question are they worth it ? or is it ultimately better to build your own, as these would need some extra upgrades like the swing arms and the IR system for battling + possibly the gearbox, so that's another £250.00 on top.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Suggest you get to a meet before you buy a HL pro or a tamiya.

Axels is what, £650 for a tamiya leopard?

One on eBay now for £300 second hand.

Not worth arguing about upgrading HL vs Tamiya but by the time you've got an upgraded sound board, speaker etc inside you'll have spent almost the same.
Last edited by Ad Lav on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Mark66
Recruit

Post by Mark66 »

Thanks for that.

I went to the L.A.D meet in Preston, had a few chats but to be honest nothing really stuck in my head, it's all new speak about gearboxes sound systems - control boards etc.

It was the same when I started model boating, but with the help from forum members and meet's i'll get there in the end.
Mark66
Recruit

Post by Mark66 »

Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

For what it's worth, mine is completely stock and runs superbly. Had fun building it.

Didn't pay £600 for it either - you can get bargains.

I would suggest buying the eBay one for £299 and then upgrading if it needs it.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

HammerWihoutASickle wrote:
tomhugill wrote:
HammerWihoutASickle wrote: Yes, light years ahead in price. Plastic Leo 2A6 from HL on Amazon goes for $150, while the Tamiya full metal Leo 2A6 goes for $1200.
Buy a HL and slowly upgrade to a Tamiya comparable platform. You'll learn a ton of things along the way.
I've had 4. Never played more than £300
Either you're extremely lucky, or outright lying. There's no way you paid the price you did for Tamiya kits. The website literally has prices upwards of $500, and the newest Type 10 being $2000 without shipping.
Where'd you get them from?
Yes they where built. But then that's no different to getting a Henglong RTR so let's compare oranges with oranges. But thanks for telling me what I bought :thumbup: :clap: :crazy: :/
Last edited by tomhugill on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark66
Recruit

Post by Mark66 »

Ad Lav wrote:For what it's worth, mine is completely stock and runs superbly. Had fun building it.

Didn't pay £600 for it either - you can get bargains.

I would suggest buying the eBay one for £299 and then upgrading if it needs it.
Thing is why ? has the seller given up on it, has he fried the electrics is something not working parts from tamiya are expensive, personally I would have preferred to be able to see it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If nothing is Broken then the worst that has happened can be easily fixed with a screwdriver and a bottle of "Debonder" and as most of us change the paint as soon as we get the Tank out of the box for the first time that means you are going to open it up whatever condition it is in anyway.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Mark66
Recruit

Post by Mark66 »

Yes I get your point, but unless you can test the DMD unit then there is no way of knowing, it's running 27 meg so that's the first upgrade, I've finished plenty of part built boats before and some of them have been a pain in the neck some have been a joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”