Best way to install a 5A fuse?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Best way to install a 5A fuse?

Post by Blackadder123 »

Hello,

With the new Jamara 480s in my Pershing, I'm a little worried that a stuck pebble in the sprockets will quickly fry the Taigen 2.4Ghz board. From what I've read, the Taigen board can sustain up to 5A? So I plan to install one of those 5A glass cylinder fuses - My current theoretical method would be to one of the power cables, perhaps solder (?) the wire ends onto the fuse and cover the whole thing up with electrical tape. Not easily exchangable, but I reckon a burnt fuse is a rather rare occasion.

I've seen a system with a plastic case housing the fuse in my other Tiger, but I'm not sure where you can buy these seperately.

Any tips? Is my theoretical method a recipe for disaster? Any tips welcomed!
Aussie
Corporal

Re: Best way to install a 5A fuse?

Post by Aussie »

Go to a car spare parts shop and buy an inline fuse holder and add the required fuse into that.
Just need to wire in the two wires to the positive wire.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Re: Best way to install a 5A fuse?

Post by Blackadder123 »

Ah, ok. Problem solved. Thanks

Return to “General Questions”