Resin cast to stiffen hull?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Re: Resin cast to stiffen hull?

Post by Blackadder123 »

I've never tried epoxy as a sealant, only know it as glue. Any keywords I should look out for if I want to buy some epoxy like yours? When I say waterproof I mean that it prevents the liquid resin from seeping through the bulkhead which act as walls to "contain" the resin in the middle part. Also, do you put any colour pigments into your resin? A deep green would fit the paint pretty well I think.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

just look for 2 part 5 minute epoxy. Any brand will work. I have attached the 2 types of resin I like. Easy cast is a 1 to 1 mix while the other is drops of hardner depending on how thick you are making the cast but the instructions are pretty simple so you can use either. The easy cast is the more expensive...

Sorry the pics aren't great. Crappy little camera. But yes, this is a Pershing.Hope this helps!
resin 1.JPG
resin 1.JPG (82.18 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
resin 2.JPG
resin 2.JPG (86.17 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
resin 3.JPG
resin 4.JPG
resin 5.JPG
resin 5.JPG (77.34 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
resin 6.JPG
resin 6.JPG (82.56 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Thanks for the pictures! I see that the bulkheads don't act like "dams" but are simply for structurally supportive purposes.... What kind of hardness does the resin harden to? Is it a hard rubbery feel or solid plastic like the hull itself?
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

It is very hard finish as long as you mix it right. These resins are designed for jewelry. desk top paperweights etc... so very hard finish...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov

Return to “General Questions”