Taigen T34 - internal layout

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
bfrank1982
Private

Taigen T34 - internal layout

Post by bfrank1982 »

Hi Guys.

I need your experience and ideas for my new T34 from Taigen.

1) I need to make the lower hull outdoor proof. Any suggestions to close off the Holes from the on/off switch plate?

2) what are your internal layout? I need to fit an IBU2U board, Tarr smoker, 2000 Mah battery and a reasonable speaker.

Please also take into consideration that I might go for servo travers, Guess it will need a bit more space in the lower hull?

Any ideas are welcome.

Please show pictures ud you have done one yourself

Regards.

Bfrank.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI VNS-L31 med Tapatalk
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Taigen T34 - internal layout

Post by jarndice »

Every Tank I have built I strip the interior and glue a sheet of "Velcro" on the floor,
I glue a strip of the male/female "Velcro" to the base of the various accessories that will be fitted to the interior of the Tank including the Battery and the control board holder,
I am now able to remove/replace anything in the tank with ease and yet everything is secure. :thumbup:
I would be wary of waterproofing your Tank as when inevitably water does get in without you knowing, it will not be able to drain out and will destroy your electrics, :thumbdown:
As to your worries about the external switchgear why not remove it from the outside and move it to the inside?
Located under a hatch makes access easy and free from water.
There are many examples on the various Tank builds on the Forum, :thumbup:
Blanking off the hole is a simple matter of cutting some Plasti-card to size and filling the hole.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

This is how I had my Taigen T-34 hull set up when I was running an IBU2:
  • IMAG0608.jpg
By squeezing the Tarr in between the gearboxes, there's enough room for a big Visaton FRS7, IBU2 and a 2200 mAh LiPo. I removed the quick-release mechanism and replaced it with magnets, though. If you kept it as-is you'd probably need to fit a smaller speaker, but that would also make it easier to do servo turret traverse.
bfrank1982
Private

Post by bfrank1982 »

jarndice wrote:Every Tank I have built I strip the interior and glue a sheet of "Velcro" on the floor,
I glue a strip of the male/female "Velcro" to the base of the various accessories that will be fitted to the interior of the Tank including the Battery and the control board holder,
I am now able to remove/replace anything in the tank with ease and yet everything is secure. Image
I would be wary of waterproofing your Tank as when inevitably water does get in without you knowing, it will not be able to drain out and will destroy your electrics, Image
As to your worries about the external switchgear why not remove it from the outside and move it to the inside?
Located under a hatch makes access easy and free from water.
There are many examples on the various Tank builds on the Forum, Image
Blanking off the hole is a simple matter of cutting some Plasti-card to size and filling the hole.
Shaun.
Cool ideal, ShaunImageImage
I will have that i mind.

I have been thinking of moving the on/off switch to sit under the hatch, but also considering to insert a driver figure, so dont know if there will be room for that?

bfrank1982
Private

Post by bfrank1982 »

Raminator wrote:This is how I had my Taigen T-34 hull set up when I was running an IBU2:
  • IMAG0608.jpg
By squeezing the Tarr in between the gearboxes, there's enough room for a big Visaton FRS7, IBU2 and a 2200 mAh LiPo. I removed the quick-release mechanism and replaced it with magnets, though. If you kept it as-is you'd probably need to fit a smaller speaker, but that would also make it easier to do servo turret traverse.
Hi Raminator.

Great internal setup. Had consided if the smoker could fit between the motors.

And good idea with the magnets?
Wich type and size did you use? Neodynium?

And how did you fixate them in the underside of the upper Hull? By glue or skrews?

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

With reference to a driver figure just hollow out the centre in the base of the figure so it fits over the switch when you put the driver in the hatch,
Indeed if you are accurate with your carving skills why not fit the switch into the base of the driver and use him as the switch ? Your questions on magnets are always Neo-Dymion and always use countersunk magnets with a screw, Go to---
www.first4magnets.com
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
bfrank1982
Private

Post by bfrank1982 »

jarndice wrote:With reference to a driver figure just hollow out the centre in the base of the figure so it fits over the switch when you put the driver in the hatch,
Indeed if you are accurate with your carving skills why not fit the switch into the base of the driver and use him as the switch ? Your questions on magnets are always Neo-Dymion and always use countersunk magnets with a screw, Go to---
http://www.first4magnets.com
Shaun.
Great idea with the driverImage

Magnets are in the mail

Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

bfrank1982 wrote:[And good idea with the magnets?
Wich type and size did you use? Neodynium?

And how did you fixate them in the underside of the upper Hull? By glue or skrews?
They're embedded in the upper hull; I'm using the Trumpeter T-34/76 kit which doesn't have screw mounts. Shaun's suggestion of using countersunk screws would work best with the Taigen upper.

Return to “General Questions”