Which electronic board can handle 540s?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Re: Which electronic board can handle 540s?

Post by Jay-Em »

The Graupner 400's are about the fastest 400-size motors the usual controllers can handle. I don't think that high-speed can be attained with the usual set-ups, though.

The blisteringly fast Bulldog seen om YT has a 540-motor setup, probably in a Tamiya gearbox, with separate ESC's. or maybe even the Rolls-Royce priced DKLM gearbox. If You own an IBU 2, You càn power the stock gearbox and speed 400 motors on a 11.1v LiPo, and it wìll be fast, but the motors will have a significantly reduced lifespan. Not from burning par sé, but through accellerated brush-wear. Think about 2 to 3 hours of running at best, before the 400's start to really degrade.

I am at the same position afa my Leo 2A6 is concerned. On 11.1v it ìs the fastest tank of my arsenal, but the Graupner 400's gave up the gost after only 4 packs of 2200mah 11.1v LiPo.
The closest I have come to the actual speed I envisioned for it, but on 7.4v, àre -indeed- the Taigen/Torro 480's @ 22500rpm advertized on Licmas panzers ( €13.- for two. A steal, if You ask me) The Jamara's are a tad overpriced tbh.

Return to “General Questions”