Where to find HL connectors?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Where to find HL connectors?

Post by Blackadder123 »

Hello,

This question is rather trivial, but here it goes:

Does anyone know what type of connectors the standard white HL connectors are? Can they be acquired under some name? A used tank I bought has quite botched up turret electronics with the connectors missing...

Thanks for any answers (and sorry for my bumbling ignorance)
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Where to find HL connectors?

Post by RobW »

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/catalogs ... ance&cat=0 They're also used as Lipo balance charger extensions. You can get the two pin ones with heavier wiring if you ask nicely (I've had a load made up).
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Do you mean the battery connector or the various connectors between the turret and the RX18 etc?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

It's the ones connecting the turret to the upper hull..... 3 pin ones, I believe. A two pin one may be involved as well.
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

RobW wrote:http://www.componentshop.co.uk/catalogs ... ance&cat=0 They're also used as Lipo balance charger extensions. You can get the two pin ones with heavier wiring if you ask nicely (I've had a load made up).
Thanks for the link!

So turns out the 2 pins ones are known as JST-XH
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

They are all known as "JST" Plugs but be wary you don't order the wrong size they come as "Micro" as well as the regular Heng Long pattern,
Also don't blindly order the first ones you see or you could end up with all female sockets :crazy:
And do search around on E-BAY as they vary hugely in price.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I believe the technical names for the standard Heng Long plugs which as mentioned is also used for lipo battery connection is JST-XH which by definition is 2.5mm pin to pin. You will also see some advertised as JST-XH but with a 2.54mm pin to pin which is interchangable. I guess that would be the imperial version ? (i.e. 1/10 inch = 2.54 mm). Strictly speaking if it isn't 2.5 mm it is not "XH".
Blackadder123
Lance Corporal

Post by Blackadder123 »

Thanks for the answers guys. Definitely will try to find some of these on eBay. Just hope I don't have to buy bulk in the 100s!
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

None of the local electronics shops sells them, so I bought one of these boxes; it has a good assortment of the usual sizes, and you can't argue with the price.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The kit Raminator bought is a good one, you might also check amazon for more variety. They also have stuff like nylon standoff kits, which will be handy once you get into aftermarket boards (if you're not there already).

And you'll need a good crimper. Hobby King is where I got mine, if you need it I can get you a link after work.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “General Questions”